• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Bank Robbery Mission.

Tequila Sunset

Prominent Member
Just completed this mission 1st time. quite surprised. And i must say this is the best mission ive ever played in all gta's.......maybe even the best mission ever!!

It was like a movie with the never ending gunfights then chase into the subway..... wow.

Rob B

Prominent Member
Awesome mission - and like yourself, it's the best GTA mission I've ever done.

Action packed and so tense. Loved every minute of it.

kav

Distinguished Member
Remember the mission "The Exchange" from GTA III? It was by far the best mission in GTA III, and definitely one of the best in the series - until Three Leaf Clover, which is like The Exchange on steroids! Amazing mission.

LemonGrab

Prominent Member
I am still stuck on this one, managed to get out of the subway and in a car but the car got wrecked only a few yards from Ma's house and i got blown away, not been able to get to that point again. Agreed awesome mission.

Rob B

Prominent Member
Speak for yourself :)

Once I've completed the story, I'm making a new save file and going through again, making different choices etc but mostly to get the 30 hours achievement I've now missed out on!

Rob B

Prominent Member
Speaking of going through again, does anybody know if the cheats will block Liberty City Minute? If I can get away with it, I'll do it as I'd rather have more time for getting 100% on my main save file.

p9ul

Distinguished Member
If you've just finished Three Leaf Clover, wait until you follow Bernie into the Park :thumbsup: :rotfl:

Brutos

Established Member
Just completed this mission 1st time. quite surprised. And i must say this is the best mission ive ever played in all gta's.......maybe even the best mission ever!!

It was like a movie with the never ending gunfights then chase into the subway..... wow.

Yeah great mission, the bank part has got to of been taken out of the film Heat.:thumbsup:

LemonGrab

Prominent Member
Definetly taken from heat - 'We're here to rob the banks money, not your money, your money is insured by the federal government, you won't loose a dime'!

chrislad

Prominent Member
Going great on my first time, then a cop spawned out of the wall behind me and shot me to pieces. Fun mission though.

Se777eN

Distinguished Member
LOL at Berine in the park that was funny.

but i agree its the best mission.

djfonti

Established Member
Yeah great mission, the bank part has got to of been taken out of the film Heat.:thumbsup:

Exactly what I kept thinking when I was playing it, even some of the dialogue was similar.....almost did it first time but just as I'd cleared the police zone my car blew up....:mad:

Now I have to start over again, bloody annoying.

best mission by far - i like its a point break/heat rip i love the gun fight with the cops:smashin:

Gary D

Distinguished Member
i made a separate save :thumbsup: when i realised what mission it was i quit the game and saved it, then went on and did it hoping that it was going to be as good as i'd heard - and it was/is.

Gary

jamiey

Established Member
It great, the first time I played it I had the percussive music from the bank heist in Heat.

However, it's a total bugger. Really struggling to get past it.

Brogan

Prominent Member
I got back to the house on the 1st attempt.

The car was just about to blow up but as I was almost at the house I decided not to ditch it and get another vehicle and coasted to a stop outside.
Of course, when I got back to the house it told me to "Lose the wanted level" :mad:
Needless to say the cops were all over us and as the car was about to blow up I drove it into the water and Packie died....:rolleyes:

I restarted the mission but the game froze and I had to reboot the Xbox.

Gary D

Distinguished Member
Hint:

you only need to shoot the cops/NOOSE with the Red dots above their heads. You don't need to kill every cop in your way.

Gary

rimmep1

Established Member
Something that worked for me:

Just before I emerged out of the subway, my wanted level dropped to 3 stars, which got me thinking...

I'd started dating Kiki (LawChick) a little earlier in the game and was able to call her to clear my wanted level. I rang her just before I reached the stairs to the street... 'I'll have a word with the Judge', she says. My wanted level is then completely clear and I'm having a leisurely drive back to Packie's house.

jamiey

Established Member
Got it last night.

Total luck as I was coming to the end of the Bohan bridge just beofre the turn off and a cop car knocked me through the middle.

The car rolled over while falling through the air, but landed on it's wheels (accompanied by screams from the occupants).

I kept going until I was just outside the wanted circle and slow until I lost my wanted level.

now what on earth can I spend all this money on?

djfonti

Established Member
It great, the first time I played it I had the percussive music from the bank heist in Heat.

However, it's a total bugger. Really struggling to get past it.

Haha, I love that music, really suits the scene well.

I managed it on the second go. I went in tonnes of ammo, and full health and body armour. Took out the first few loads of cars with grenades and used most bullets underground. The trickis to not get too involved with the firefights and keep running when your teammates do. Once you're out, pray there is a half decent car nearby and set a waypoint to the pay and spray to the west of you on the map, try to get there asap, and respray your car and drive home.....

EDIT: bugger, missed the above post, oh well, congrats.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom