Bank holiday,Anyone going away?

pave

Ex Member
Reaction score
Bank holiday coming up,just wondering if any you guys going anywhere....

I'm not.....:(

Well ,shopping,wife's working monday,and i might have to work saturday..:eek:

So,what are you doing...?

pave said:
Bank holiday coming up,just wondering if any you guys going anywhere....

I'm not.....:(

Well ,shopping,wife's working monday,and i might have to work saturday..:eek:

So,what are you doing...?

I am off to Weymouth to visit my Mom after work tomorrow no doubt the 3 hr trip will take me 6 hrs as I battle my way south. Its a war you know:D

Wouldnt work weekends or bank holidays unless it was silly money and my company does not pay silly money so thats that.

Looks like I'm driving over to Worsley in Greater Manchester to pick up a new mountain bike! Fun times...

partyweb said:
:rolleyes: Great thread for burglars to read

I agree..i live in london...No6...:D

Off to Vilnius, Lithuania tomorrow morning on my Stag Do! :rolleyes:

DJT75 said:
Off to Vilnius, Lithuania tomorrow morning on my Stag Do! :rolleyes:

Congrats...have a great time...hope you get back in one piece...:)

I am working unfortunately but they are paying me well so its not that bad.

It's our 5th wedding anniversary today so the wife and i are off to London for the weekend. :smashin:

camping in the lakes!

partyweb said:
Better bring a wetsuit then. :D

argh! don't say that i'm sure the 5 day forecast for keswick is pretty good, mind you can always find a cosy pub with a nice pint....

Nope working mostly. Now I know I am supposed to be doing something on monday with my missus , but can I remember?:confused:

I am mostly moving to Australia this weekend, emmigrating I suppose, sounds an odd way to phrase it seeing as I am not from NZ orginally, am from Blighty.

Tally Ho

Going to Colwyn Bay to visit the in-laws, playing golf with the father-in-law on Sunday at Llandudno.

I am working saturday sunday and monday night each on a different ward, which is hateful. Stroke rehab on saturday, fractures on sunday and gynaecology on monday. Not getting paid huge amounts but then when did Nurses ever get paid huge amounts ?

its not a bank holiday in scotland, but i took thursday and friday off to have a long weekend instead. not going anywhere as everything is going on in edinburgh due to the festival and fringe. i saw radiohead, beck, and muse this week, and russel brand was changed from wednesday to sunday nite, and then i'm seeing simple minds on monday, so plenty stuff to do. even did my first bit of DIY in my flat, removing an old air extractor from above the cooker, and repainting the bit of the wall behind it, and did more moving about of furniture and stuff. i'm sure i'll watch a few more dvds too. maybe even get round to watching pink floyds pulse

Mrs AutomanUK said:
I am working saturday sunday and monday night each on a different ward, which is hateful. Stroke rehab on saturday, fractures on sunday and gynaecology on monday. Not getting paid huge amounts but then when did Nurses ever get paid huge amounts ?
Massages? :devil:

unique said:
its not a bank holiday in scotland, but i took thursday and friday off to have a long weekend instead. not going anywhere as everything is going on in edinburgh due to the festival and fringe. i saw radiohead, beck, and muse this week, and russel brand was changed from wednesday to sunday nite, and then i'm seeing simple minds on monday, so plenty stuff to do. even did my first bit of DIY in my flat, removing an old air extractor from above the cooker, and repainting the bit of the wall behind it, and did more moving about of furniture and stuff. i'm sure i'll watch a few more dvds too. maybe even get round to watching pink floyds pulse

Sounds like you got a busy weekend..never been to the edinburgh festival..I will add that to my list of things to do......:)

pave said:
Sounds like you got a busy weekend..never been to the edinburgh festival..I will add that to my list of things to do......:)

the edinburgh festival/fringe is great. the "festival" was the official thing, with the stuffier content (ie. oprah, ballet, tatoo, etc), then the "fringe" came along and that is the comedy and music stuff, which is perhaps more popular now. every possible venue in town, from church halls to portakabins are converted to venues, and many have licence to serve drinks to 5am, when 3am is the normal late time

the only downside for folks coming to town is the cost of accomodation increases. some folks rent out thier flats for crazy money and go on holiday out the country. folks with nice flats in the centre of town can literally get over a grand a week renting out the flat, as it can work out cheaper than a hotel for some. if you plan in advance you should be able to find a bed and breakfast in town for maybe £50 a nite, but leave it till last minute and your stuffed

its definately well worth going tho, theres something for everyone, plays, comedy, music, theatre, stand up, variety, muppets, ladyboys (from bangkok), 3 poofs with pianos, sean connery, kylie, charliez theron, signorney weaver, and thats just some of the stuff thats happening this year. the very first act i saw at midday on preview friday is in the running to win the perrier comedy award, so someone unknown this year could be next years big name. stuff like the might boosh and league of gentlement started out at the festival, and pretty much every comedian you can name in the uk has performed at it, so it's top notch talent, altho every man and his dog seems to have a show, so weeding good from the bad is the hardest thing, and all the big name shows sell out quick, so it might be time to start planning a trip for next year

Thanks for that..will have to go..good info..cheers...:thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom