1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bangkok cameras

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by cjarmstrong, Aug 3, 2005.

1. cjarmstrong

cjarmstrong

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    anyone ever bought a camera in bangkok going there soon and fancied a new compact digital, anyone know whether they would be much cheaper over there?

2. Guwida

Guwida

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Don't know about Bangkok but if Malaysia and Singapore or anything to go by you wont find them any cheaper in the shops than what they are in the U.K. Even though Malaysia makes cameras and camcorders for the Japanese companies.

We was over there 2 yrs ago and even though I had the money to buy the items I would not have made a saving so I didnot bother. They do do duplicate recorded material at vastly reduced prices I have heard just as they do in Kua Lumpur, Malaysia.

Gu.

3. Thomas Gee

Thomas Gee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am staying in Malaysia and I have just bought a Nikon D50 kit with 18-55mm lens for GBP448. I think Japanese cameras are much cheaper overhere due to the exchange rate. But preferably it would be better to purchase the camera in the country you are residing as it would be easier to take it better back to the shop for claims under warranty.

4. longleyc

longleyc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My concern is Euro Warranty Agreement. One silly way of getting out of claims, sadly.
    Maybe pay a little more here and be satisfied of the warranty intact?
    (Though its a valid argument that a camera sold in the far east should NOT be of less merchantable quality than in Euroland. Obviously its isnt as they are all built in the same factory! Its a lame get out clause.) :thumbsdow

More likely to find a 2nd user item on ebay with some warranty remaining at a much cheaper price than new? Worth considering.