Bang...what a mess!!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Pbryanw, Mar 20, 2006.

1. Pbryanw

Pbryanw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +103
    First some backstory...I bought an orange, mango and apricot smoothie from M&S last Wednesday. (Innocent enough you might think). Then left it in my rucksack and forgot about it...until tonight!

I brought my rucksack upstairs to take some important documents out and left it next to my wardrobe. Next thing I hear is a small, but noticeable, pop but it passes my mind as I'm surfing the 'net just before I go to bed.

I have a shower and get ready to take the important documents out of my rucksack, then notice that the orange, mango and apricot smoothie has exploded, covering my rucksack and said documents (including a folder) in a pulpy, sticky mass of gue.

In the documents were my creative writing folder (largely unscathed thankfully) and eight copies of a story I had spent the past month writing, and on which I had received feedback from the writing group (now largely with the pages stuck together). Hopefully I can dry them out and recover some info from them tomorrow :rolleyes:

The moral...never leave a smoothie in your bag. I'm assuming it fermented or something but if anyone can enlighten me on why it exploded, you're welcome :smashin:

2. sbowler

sbowler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +481
    OOPS:eek: Not my kind of favourite sticky mess.LOL:devil:

3. mh123

mh123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +75
    Hmmmm... I had a similar nasty surprise yesterday... one of my darlings stupidly left an unused McDonalds BBQ sauce pot on my passenger car seat, which decided to explode yesterday in the sun... Its everywhere :mad: All over the seat, window, door, half a dozen CDs (luckily CD-Rs) - you name it. Not a happy bunny!!!!!

4. Pbryanw

Pbryanw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +103
    Ah..so it's not just me who has these accidents :rolleyes:.

Update: Unfortunately my rucksack and pencil case didn't make it and both are write offs. I have an orange apricot coloured mark on my bedroom carpet which I can't wipe off and my creative writing is all stuck together. So is the A4 notepad I had in my rucksack as well. And I woke up to the sweet smell of fermented apricot.

Luckily I drank one of the smoothies (2 for 1 offer) before it had a chance to ferment or it could have been much worse.

Why don't they write these things on the packaging or is it just common sense?

5. Solomon Grundy

Solomon Grundy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,211
    When I read the first part of your post I thought you were about to become the inventor of a drink to rival Um Bongo...but without the clever ditty.

6. GBDG1

GBDG1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,260
    I'm suprised it exploded, I suppose that because it wasn't carbonated the bottle wasn't up to scrath. Something like a coke bottle can hold a massive amount of pressure, you should complain to M&S, they'll probably give you a free £10 voucher or something, they are good like that :thumbsup:

7. overkill

overkill

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,207
    Similair thing happened to me. I was doing some research at Hull Uni. I left a coke can in my bag, in the locker provided. I was writing away when a muffled 'bang' sounded from the locker area. I looked over and to my horror (and embarrasment!) coke was pouring out of the locker onto the carpet!:eek: Tons of notes ruined, my change of clothes for the overnight stop soaked!:( Not to mention the red face as I had scrubbed away at the coke stain on their carpet!

No idea why it went off, as the room was very cool (air conditioned)!

8. GBDG1

GBDG1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,260
    perhaps your can was a member of al-kahola

I'll get my coat.

9. overkill

overkill

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted: