Bang & Olufsen Beolit 15 Review

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Speakers' started by Ed Selley, Feb 16, 2016.

1. Ed Selley

Ed Selley
      AVF Reviewer

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +3,882
    2. Jagjit

Jagjit

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +31
      Thanks for the review.

I'd like a speaker that can be used outdoors, (BBQs, holidays etc.)
      I previously had a Bose SoundLink II that was good at low volumes but struggled to give decent grunt in an outdoor environment.
      How would the Beolit 15 perform at high volume outdoors? Any other recommendations to look at?

3. RohanM

RohanM

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +37
      the B&O Play A2 is pretty good. It is expensive compared to most of its peers, but if you look around, there are sometimes offers around the £200 mark (Amazon lightning deals, CostCo, the airport).

Nice, open, bright sound, good with guitar music; bass is decent but the passive bass radiators can 'flap' a bit with heavy duty electronic dance music at high volumes (OK at low to medium volumes). More than happy with mine, and it always gets good comments at barbeques!

4. muzzi

muzzi

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +141
      I got lucky and picked up a new one from Amazon warehouse deals for €307. It is the pink one though, but it is not that bad a colour.

First impressions were that the sound was far too muddy for my liking especially compared to the 'amazing for the size' beoplay S3's.

I had concerns after ready about the update problems, but I must say that for me it was relatively straight forward. What isn't clear from the instructions is that it is the on button that flashes, and only once. How you are meant to see this when you are pressing the button is anyone's guess.

Anyway, now I have the app on my iPhone, I am able to tune the little box tricks to my liking, which is on the first ring of the 'bright' corner.
      What a difference this has made!

Now I couldn't be happier with the sound, and it will get it's first BBQ test tomorrow night as long as the weather holds up :)

Muzzi.

5. hkknudsen

hkknudsen
      Standard Member

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +2
      How did it work out for you, Muzzi?

I just found out about the app too. And I think my great beolit 15 just went into excellent territory with a bit extra treble. I have it around first ring too, directly east (not with less bass). And I love that the eq is stored on the beolit and not only working when the app is running, so it'll still eq when playing via for example a mac/pc. Had no problems with the update either (from mac).

What surprises me is also that the phone-app can start (continue playing) itunes on my mac. How is that happening?

I'd guess it is tuned with exactly playing outside in mind, with the powerful bass. Certainly not for placement close to a wall in a small room imo. I'm trying to place it in the middle of my rooms as they are rather small :)

6. brett7365

brett7365

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +8
      I've just bought a brand new one of these from Costco for £239.99 it's amazing sound when compared to my other speaker which is a a Cambridge audio minx go, looking forward to the next sunny day to take it outside