Bang & Olufsen announces first ever Smart TV - BeoVision 11

hodg100

Distinguished Member
£5k for the 40 inch model

Bang & Olufsen has just announced their latest TV, the BeoVision 11, which they're billing as the company's 'most inclusive and ambitious television' to date.

The BeoVision 11 is Bang & Olufsen's first Smart TV, which builds on their popular BeoVision 10 design. Whilst the new model looks similar to the BeoVision 10, they tell us the technology has been completely transformed.

When connecting to internet, wirelessly or wired, you can choose between apps such as YouTube, Facebook and Twitter, or surf wherever else you want to go via the included browser. You can save bookmarks, enjoy simple page navigation with the remote, and use your iPad or Android tablet - and the BeoRemote app – to take advantage of QWERTY keyboards. BeoVision 11 also supports hybrid broadband TV (HbbTV).

attachment.php

BeoVision 11 is a DLNA certified and supports wireless networks at 2.4 or 5GHz. Other connections include an Ethernet connection for software updates, two USB ports, three control outlets for control of up to six connected devices, and six HDMI sockets. And Apple aficionados will appreciate the dedicated space inside the cabinet for Apple TV.

At the heart of BeoVision 11 is an all-new video engine that drives the 200Hz LED-based LCD screen which is equipped with a glare polarizer. The two-sided LED backlight features 1.5 D local dimming. Bang & Olufsen is also introducing a number of other image improvement features with BeoVision 11:

• 360° Automatic Picture Control: Senses ambient light not only in front of the screen, but also behind it and to both sides, to continuously adjust brightness and contrast for optimal viewing comfort
  • Adaptive Contrast: Reveals unprecedented detail in very dark scenes even when bright sunlight floods the screen.
  • Dedicated picture modes for film and gaming: In addition to the default adaptive picture mode, these new modes provide gamers with lightning-fast responsiveness and film lovers with white balance just like the director set it.

They can keep the first two, by the sounds of them, but the latter sounds promising.

There are four placement options. The motorised floor stand, motorised wall bracket, both of which are controlled by the remote. In addition, a wall bracket and an easel stand for laid back viewing are also available. BeoVision 11 is available in 40”, 46” and 55”. You can choose between six front fabric colours, a front frame in silver or black, and rear cabinet in black or white.

Prices begin at £4,995

Attachments

• BV 11.jpg
    BV 11.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 1,159
Last edited:

steviedr

Distinguished Member
I'm sure the sound will be impressive, but due the size of the speakers, can't help but think it looks like a big office monitor.

Tonkerdog

steviedr said:
I'm sure the sound will be impressive, but due the size of the speakers, can't help but think it looks like a big office monitor.

I was at a launch, and as a 10-46 owner it only offers a few improvements for me. The light sensor is borrowed from the 12 and covers the front and rear. My tv is in front if a window and that would help brighten the screen with sunlight shining behind.

The speakers are better, especially as a centre channel for speech.

It's a smart tv at costs less than the 10, but if you already have Apple tv or a PS3 they have most of the features anyway.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom