Bang Bang Racing

Tetlee

Distinguished Member
Here we are then, another top-down racer coming to XBLA:clap:, from Digital Reality the folks behind the excellent SkyDrift.

Looks a little slow in the trailer, but SkyDrift started slow, then really ramped up the speeds to near insane levels so don't expect that will be the case with the full game. Hope it'll allow more than 4 players online racing(infact doesn't mention online in the blurb, I'm sure it will be though).

BangBangRacing's Channel - YouTube

Bang Bang Racing - Be Fast, Be Furious, Be One Step Ahead

No word on price or release date yet, but certainly one to watch, thanks to DJ Sigma for the heads-up(shame he doesn't seem to visit here any more, sent me a message through xbox).

Bang Bang Racing is the fast and furious top-down racer for PSN, XBLA and PC.
Bang Bang Racing is a distinct arcade game focusing not only on the speed but also on the technical driving skills. The very intuitive control system and the exciting tracks provide endless fun for everyone in the family.
Bang Bang Racing delivers fast-paced racing around every corner and down every straight. Drive high-speed, pumped-up racing cars through cones and exploding barrels! Be one step ahead of your competitors, finding shortcuts, repairing your car in the pitlane, and dominating your opponents from the top-down view.
Key Features
• Visit exotic racing locations from all around the world
• Complete nine challenging reversible circuits and vary them with shortcuts
• Choose from the 20 unique vehicles across 4 classes of racing- muscle cars like N-Dura, stock car series like Evo GT, world endurance championship like Protech and formula one open wheels cars like Apex
• Vary your choice of vehicle with one of the 8 colorful skins offered
• Call your friends to play with 4Player Split-screen Multiplayer Races
• Compete for top honors with extensive Friends and Global Leaderboards
• Face dynamic, interactive objects like cones or exploding barrels that make every race unpredictable
• Be aware of environmental conditions affecting the drivable surface-Snow, Sand, Water and Oil

Last edited:

Rorifett

Distinguished Member
Read the title as Bean Bag Racing there :D looks good, hopefully Sigma makes a return here, the place is like a ghost town without him!

Shame the way things went there.

Rorifett

Distinguished Member
Haha I'll have you know I've not touched a drop in ooooo at least 10 days now! Doing alternate weeks of on-call just now until the festive period sets in... When I do full time on-call for a few weeks, happy days lol

Still think they should rename it to Bean Bag Racing mind you ;)

Looks really good, enjoying it more the more I watch that trailer, looks as though it will have that tense feeling evoked when you're pushing to take first (or keep you buggers in second :D) and using the boost only to have it run out too early... Or that 'too wide on the last corner ******** oh **** oh **** oh **** YYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS!!!!' thing going on :)

DpM

Ask for one top down racer and end up with 3!
This does look good though, rich environments by the looks of it.

majnu

Distinguished Member

DpM

Not read it all but stopped at:
"XF: Is the multiplayer only local?

Amper: Yes, it is."

Oh dear.

Rorifett

Distinguished Member
Surely not, first LR now this? :( hopefully a bit of a misprint since they had MP on skydrift

Tetlee

Distinguished Member
What the! Can't be surely, would be wasted development if they do release it without online, can't see many people buying it all.

I think the same as Rory, probably a case of lost in translation.

[EDIT]Actually, re-reading the announcement blurb that I quoted in the first post, it does sound like offline racing there also:rolleyes:

• Call your friends to play with 4Player Split-screen Multiplayer Races
• Compete for top honors with extensive Friends and Global Leaderboards

I'll be more than gutted if this is the case, and it'll go from a near certain purchase, to highly unlikely:(

Last edited:

majnu

Distinguished Member

Tetlee

Distinguished Member
Looks like they're sticking to the split screen multiplayer only, such a shame, needs online multiplayer to have anything close to widespread appeal.

Noggleboggleman

Looks like they're sticking to the split screen multiplayer only, such a shame, needs online multiplayer to have anything close to widespread appeal.

Completely agree. When Indie games like Little racers can implement well, there is no excuse for an arcade title not to include it. They would sell so many more copies if it had online multiplayer.

oldman100

oldman100

Just down loaded the trial, graphically it's a very tidy racer, the cars seem somewhat over-sized for the track though and without nitro it's like you're driving through treacle, certainly the pace felt somewhat slow.

But it's the lack of live multiplayer that's ultimately going to kill this racer in my opinion.

Last edited:

Tetlee

Distinguished Member
Just down loaded the trial, graphically it's a very tidy racer, the cars seem somewhat over-sized for the track though and without nitro it's like you're driving through treacle, certainly the pace felt somewhat slow.

But it's the lack of live multiplayer that's ultimately going to kill this racer in my opinion.

My thoughts exactly. Had it been given online multiplayer as it should have, I'd have purchased this one with the assumption the faster classes would probably be way more fun.

The price was right, but still I'm baffled at the devs deciding not to bother with online:confused:

For the above reason alone I'll pass.

oldman100

The price was right, but still I'm baffled at the devs deciding not to bother with online:confused:

For the above reason alone I'll pass.

Fully agree, it may have been you or one of the other posters earlier in the thread that posted an interview with one of the dev team, one of the questions was does the game have online multi player, reply was 'No', without any explanation as to why not, leaves me baffled.:confused:

Like you I think the later classes would have offered more speed so a real missed opportunity.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom