Bandridge Cables

HDPete

Novice Member
Hi,

Has anyone used this make of cables (Scart to SVid converter)

My dealer is pushing them as high end, but I need to know if they're any good vs. other high end offers, and where I can get some price info from.

Thanks
Pete.

hornydragon

they are pretty good, not the highest end but sensible for normal applications TV etc for budget PJ installs etc are talking about the lead or the little block that is a scart with S socket and in/out switch?

HDPete

Novice Member
It's the little box with Scart <--> 3 x phonos + 1 SVid (switchable IN / OUT)

HDPete

Novice Member
To get the composite signal from my video switched amp to the TV, but via scarts on the rear, instead of a lead out the front of the telly.

hornydragon

why use composite? unless for VCR or Laser disc it is crap if you are connecting DVD, Sky/freeveiw/cable(digital), Xbox/PS2/GC etc etc dont use it and perhaps start from scratch.

HDPete

Novice Member
Is it possible to convert component to S-Vid or RGB, because that'll give me the better picture from the Sky box?

I've only got component or composite spare, the single S-Out is to the PJ.

hornydragon

Pete I am not sure what the deal is but JS do and RGB>S-video converter that has RGB pass through hence giving RGB for TV and S for PJ.
What amp TV PJ and sources are you using?

HDPete

Novice Member
When it arrives....
Meridian G98 as DVD Source & Video switcher, with G68 as audio decoder & processor. The 68 has more outputs, but I will loose the upsampling capabilities if I use the 68 as the video switcher.

TV is a Panasonic TX32PL10 (50hz with dual scarts, RGB on 1, S-on another)

PJ is NEC VT440 with S-in.

All cables to the PJ are plastered in the walls, so that isn't going to change! It's S-to the projector.

hornydragon

JS RGB>S-video converter Version 2 will send RGB to TV and S-video PJ Via G98 if needed, I am not familiar with Meridian kit but thought it was pretty high end and an odd mix with your other kit. But you have to do better than composite, sky looks crap on composite, what are you using for sound!

HDPete

Novice Member
bell wire!

not really, I have given this some thought, and I'm gradually upgrading all bits of kit. The speaker cable is made by Chord, and is their top end range.

HDPete

Novice Member
The TV is there purely as a monitor, the PJ will get the most viewing!

The VT440 is a very capable PJ, and is really very good for LCD.

It will all get upgraded over time, but money, and planning permission from the wife takes time to get!

Thanks for your help guys