• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Banding/Bleeding - HDR Issue?

hulaboy

Standard Member
I hope I'm on the right part of the forum here..
I am wondering if anyone else has noticed the following viewing issue I have with HDR UHD discs?Playing a UHD Blu Ray disc on my set up which is Panasonic DP-UB820 UHD Player, Yamaha RX-V681 Receiver to an LG C6 OLED I notice what I'd describe as banding/Bleeding (not vertical) across certain parts the picture. This is very noticeable in the interior of Ego's ship on Guardians of the Galaxy 2 and very obvious on a good deal of the sky scenes in The Revenant as two easy to reference examples. I believe this to be an HDR issue from a UHD disc in terms of why it is occurring as it is not present on non HDR 1080p equivalents or present on Netflix's Dolby Vision version of Guardians of the Galaxy 2 as a comparison, which actually looks better than the UHD disc! This issue is hard to ignore in many instances and is a distraction even when the effect is subtle. I've tried using two other high quality HDMI leads to see if this would help and tried going direct to the TV but the effect is still present, turning off HDR does help, but its still present to a lesser degree. My friend who has recently purchased Samsung's QLED 8K TV and who has the exact same UHD Blu Ray Player does not get this occurring on his set up. Has anyone any idea how I can overcome this if possible?
Many thanks in advance for any help conferred.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom