• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Banding and pixellation on 2-yr old Sony Bravia KDL-40X3500

gileshudson

Standard Member
I love my Sony Bravia KDL-40X3500 television and HDMI-cable linked Sony RDR HXD-970 hard drive/dvd recorder in the 2 or so years I've had them.

- In the last week though, the TV has banding appear on it for the first few minutes after turning on which then disappears for as long as the TV is on. The banding is darker than the background, varying widths, but always horizontal and it flickers and jumps until it sorts itself out.

- Also in the last week or so, when watching movies and other fast paced stuff, the picture tends to heavily pixellate for a few seconds and then again sorts itself out, but unlike the banding this pixellation can reappear regularlly throughout a programme or movie.

Attached are two images, one showing the TV Guide page as it should look and the other showing the same screen with the banding on it.

Any clues or pointers before I get Sony out to look at it as it has a 5 year guarantee on it?

Cheers in anticipation of the power of AVForum,
Giles

Attachments

• Picture banding 003.jpg
    Picture banding 003.jpg
    255.5 KB · Views: 1,000
  • Picture banding 005.jpg
    Picture banding 005.jpg
    260 KB · Views: 404
Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom