Band of Brothers ,r1 dts is it worth it?

dazgwinn

Established Member
Reaction score
Anyone out there got the R1 set and is the DTS track worth the extra cost?

The digital bits reviewed the R1 set and found very little difference in the DTS track vs the DD one.

I have gone for the R2 for the fact there is supose to be no or little difference and I can have it now than to wait.

I've just got the r1 version but have yet to have a watch. That doesn't really help you does it?

Got to send it back anyway as it's got a dent in the tin.

I was going to wait to see what others said before choosing but then I read yesterday that the Tins were in limited supply and it would be cardboard after that so I opted for a region 2.

I was going to wait to see what others said before choosing but then I read yesterday that the Tins were in limited supply and it would be cardboard after that so I opted for a region 2.

I also have the region 2 and have you noticed the volume has to be turned up more than usual.?

If you're worried about the tin box, nip down to Smiths & pick it up but don't open it. Order your R1 copy (amazon.ca seem cheapest even with "expedited shipping"). When you get your R1 version if it doesn't have the tin send it back or if it does take the R2 version back to Smiths.

PS the R1 version only officially ships today, so I wouldn't expect them to be out of the tins yet.

PPS the DTS track may not be thing thing to tip you towards the R1 release but the "interactive field guide" that is also missing from R2 might.

PPPS another way to get the tin box would be to preorder from one of the Oz sites where it's not out for another 3 weeks (It's also much cheaper than the uk price)

I ordered from Amazon (free shipping and supposedly £3 off first order but it didn't work) yesterday so I've not got it yet.
Unless I have time to watch it then I won't open it until I've seen a couple more opinions on the DTS track, that way it can go back if it is worth having.
Or I'll get an R1 in a box, swap the discs and flog the R1 box with the R2 discs on Ebay.

I'm just a real sucker for DTS , just love it so i'm really, really tempted. I checked out the Amazon Canada site which looks real cheap but then going to get customs then so probably will check out Play. Been justifying to myself the extra cost all day. When you are bitten by the DVD bug its hard!

Just another throught, wonder when they will bring out the limited editon,special directors laden extra features box set complete with the book!

For only a mere £4 more for dts I sure as hell would say it was worth it. Im gonna get my pennys together and get the R1 form Play I think it was.

Well the cheapest R2 I could find cost about £38 while the R1 from Play is about £56, aithough Amazon according to http://www.dvdcompare.org.uk/ you can get the R1 for about £38 as well but then there is shipping and probably customs on top of that. Anyway I'd probably pay whatever in the end!

Some people have had customs on top of the R1 from Play at another £13 and puts the price up to £70.

My R1 came in 2 days from CD-WOW! Box was in perfect shape and only cost £49.74 - using the 192 option.

Not heard the DTS track yet, but looked at the bit rates. The DD track runs at 384Kbps and the DTS track runs at the usual 754Kbps. So there should be some difference (don't know why The Digital Bits never noticed any difference).

The interactive field guide is pretty neat, though. It gives you lots of info about the men of Easy Company, maps, time-lines & so-on.

JD

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom