Band of Brothers question

S

shaunthedude

Can somone tell me what the difference is between the reg 1 and reg 2 versions of this release. Is it just that the reg 1 comes in a metal tin??

thanks

M

MacKenzie

Originally posted by shaunthedude
Can somone tell me what the difference is between the reg 1 and reg 2 versions of this release. Is it just that the reg 1 comes in a metal tin??

thanks

...as far as I remember...both come in a metal tin and both have the same features...

I'm pretty sure the R2 version doesn't have a DTS soundtrack bit otherwise they are identical.

Spinning Plates

R2 is missing "Field Guide" enhanced viewing mode offering an interactive referencing feature which sounds like it'll be the matrix white rabbit deal.

I also wouldn't be 100% sure of R2 getting the tin until we see some press shots.

Anyone know best place to order the US R1 of this? I dont want to risk ending up with Canadian rls and a load of french on the tin.

Dellboy

You could wait until the 27th November for the R4 version. This has an extra documentary over the R1 version, DTS sound track and available from Ezydvd for Aus$ 106.95 which at current rates is £38.

As I said earlier, I'm sure the R2 version doesn't have a DTS soundtrack no mater what Play or any other retalier may say. I quoted the UK press release on my website a few weeks back.

Ripco

Just posting to say thanks again as someone found both my joke and my thanking of the poster RE: No DTS on the REG 2 Offensive.

Do Moderaters delete all your posts or just the so called offensive ones.

MonkeyDonkey

Standard Member
Tee have you still got the press release?

I did some more searching and I found an official looking document which said it did have DTS, someone claiming to have spoken to warner and them saying no DTS, and a mixed bag of other claims.

I'm thinking your probably right then and there will be no DTS, but could I still have a look at the press release if you've still got it?

Thanks

M

malcy

Originally posted by MonkeyDonkey
Tee have you still got the press release?

I did some more searching and I found an official looking document which said it did have DTS, someone claiming to have spoken to warner and them saying no DTS, and a mixed bag of other claims.

I'm thinking your probably right then and there will be no DTS, but could I still have a look at the press release if you've still got it?

Thanks

Heres the link to the press release
http://www.noblepr.co.uk/Press_Releases/warner/bob.htm
no mention of DTS only DD
cant remember if it ever mentioned DTS although sites like R2 Project claimed it would have DTS at around the time this was published

D

DaveP

To further confuse the situation: I've seen it advertised as being 2.35:1 AR, Anamorphic designed for 16:9 TVs.

I know it was broadcast in 16:9, can it really be 2.35:1?

DaveP

Miniholic

R2 does come in the metal tin, there's a photo of it in the new HMV catalogue. Still no DTS by the looks of it though.

Zone

Originally posted by Miniholic
R2 does come in the metal tin, there's a photo of it in the new HMV catalogue. Still no DTS by the looks of it though.

Guess you didn't bother looking at the Rewind Comparison Review above, R2 comes in embossed metal tin and is DTS :D

Most sites I've visited agree R2 has DTS, either way its not the be all and end all...is it?

http://www.r2-dvd.org/article.jsp?sectionId=2&articleId=4626

J

jon1800

DAMN................i didnt realise that Band of Brothers was being released on DVD:)

I watched it on TV in America last year and then again when it came to UK...............total brilliance:cool:

A definate must buy.

jon

D

denonman

Sorry guys no dts..cdwow have ithe R1 version for £49.99 inc shipping..Once again the british public have they're pants pulled down over dvd's :mad:

B

Brigadeer

Def worth paying the extra £5 @ Wow (£44.99 R2 @ Play) to get the dts track and no cuts...

The latest video from AVForums

Oculus Quest 2 VR headset + Rotel A14 MkII Amp Reviews & Best of the Month
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom