1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Band of Brothers Military Packaging Yes or No?

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by Indiana Jones, Mar 21, 2005.

1. Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,900
    I remember reading about a Military Limited Edition Region 3 release of Band of Brothers and I was just wondering what peoples opinion of it was?

I am thinking about getting Band of Brothers on DVD as the basic version is available for £17.99 but I have seen some nice Region 3 Boxsets recently so before I make a purchase I wanted to see if people think the R3 release is worth the extra £40?

2. JohnnyScot

JohnnyScot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Depends on how much of a 'Boxed Set' fan you are - sorry for the obvious but they are the same when you watch them!

I have standard version and it is a fab series.

3. Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,900
    I am a fan of great packaging, I always go for DVD releases which have slipcases rather than just a standard case even if they cost more so I am really tempted by this set but I cant really tell from pictures what the quality is like, could be made out of cheap material for all I know so if anyone on here actually has this set I would be interested in hearing their thoughts on it.

4. supermackem

supermackem

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +71
    Its an asowme set, one of the best limted ed ever made i think. The quality is very good, it can be had for around £40 on some dvd sites but be quick as there aint many left.

5. Tejstar

Tejstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +990
    Or you could spend the same amount on the tin box set, no fancy extras though... :(

6. lovemunkey187

lovemunkey187

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    I've got the R3 bag version but in hindsight I'd've gone for the tin version as that would sit nicely on the shelf with my other discs, the bag is just that, if you're old enough you probably had a school bag from the Famous Army Stores made out of the same canvas stuff(I did) and it doesn't sit right on the shelf it looks out of place not to mention, to quote my Mother "that's a bloody muck harbourer".

7. Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,900
    Thanks for the replys guys.

I spotted someone selling quite afew of these on eBay for around $35 and they look legit but they come with a Pen Knife which doesnt seem to come with the sets which are available for $80 on other sites and the seller has told me that the set contains DTS, unless I am mistaken only the Region 1 release had DTS?
    So is he selling high quality bootlegs or are they legit? link below...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=617&item=6379350397&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW