Band of Brothers disc problems!

J

John-D

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone was having trouble with the "Extras Disc" in their "Band of Brothers" box set?

Everthing else is fine, apart from the "video diaries" section. It seems that Part 4 freezes up.

It's the only problem I've found on the "extras disc", but was wondering if anyone else was having the same problem?

Part 3 & 4 also paused on my dads player, but on my Sony, it's just Part 4 that's got the problem.

JD

Does it freeze at the beginning of part 4 or during it?

Both parts 3 and 4 seems ok on my sony player.

I haven't started watching it properly yet, hopefully I will start tomorrow.

Part 4 locks-up about 35 seconds into it. Then the player goes back to the menu screen.

JD

Which sony is it?

Is there scratches on the disc?

If there isn't, can you just return it as it doens't work on your dad's player as well.

There are other people are having probs with disc 4.

My player's a Sony 525 and I've had it about 3 1/2 years now. I got it from Techtronics.

Also, the disc's surface is clean of any scratches and dirt. The rest of disc's play fine. It's only part 4 of the "video diaries" section on the "extras disc" that seems to have a problem. The whole TV series plays fine.

JD

I used to have a 525 as well (gave it to my brother).

I will try it on his player later when I can if you can wait. Otherwise, try another copy as it a lot of money and you should not have to have problems playing it (even if it a small extra). Or see if you can just have the extras disc replaced.

Cheers mate,

Let us know how you get on with it?

Thanks again

JD

I r emember when Private ryan first came out (reg 1) people were having similar problems. I was told it was somthing to do with dreamworks dvds and multi region players.!!!

I have tried it on my brothers and it works fine.

Maybe you have a dodgy copy.

Cheers mate, I'll get onto CD-WOW! right away.

Thanks for the help!

JD

I have had the 525 for about the same length of time as you and and now had had a nS900 for a few months.

I have never had a single DVD not work on a Sony even the troublesome Disneys work perfect.

It is the reason why I don't buy any other make.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom