Banana plugs - where to start

babsjansen

Novice Member
Reaction score
I’ve just bought my daughter a TEAC turntable and Steljes Audio NS3 speakers. I’d like to put plugs on the speaker wire so that it is easier for her to move them around.
I’m told I need banana plugs. I’ve googled and they all look slightly different. What should I get?
This is all new to me. Thanks in advance

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Thank you for replying.
The speakers came with some but weirdly they just don’t stay in the back of the speakers at all. They seem to long!

I also recommend the similar banana plugs mentioned above. It has two springs on each side.

The springs well expand in the speaker terminals then. You then get snug fit.

Still many banana plugs are strange. Depending on the speakers, amplifiers. Some don’t grip at all. This can both be the banana plugs or the hifi eq fault.

Then you have banana plugs which grip very well. Qed Airlock, Chord banana plugs.

You can also solder the banana plugs to get solid connection. There is no sound difference, but it is more solid then using the screws on the banana plugs.

You can also use locking banana plugs. Can be very expensive though. After you connect the banana plugs to hifi eq, you then usually twist the plugs one way to lock them firmly in the terminals.

This applies RCA cables too.

Thank you for replying.
The speakers came with some but weirdly they just don’t stay in the back of the speakers at all. They seem to long!
I use these Fisual plugs, have done for many years. They do stick out around 4mm but remain firm and make really good contact. I use them because they are so convenient.

I second the Amazon banana plugs, definitely the best and easiest I have seen.

They don't require a screwdriver which can be annoying with most other banana plugs, and they're also a nice size - they don't stick out too far

Z-plugs too. They grip better.

Speaking of Van Damme. Trying to order 6 mm 2,5 m speaker cables, but the email address don’t work.

After doing the math it we’ll cost me roughly 100 pound including shipping.

Speaking of Van Damme. Trying to order 6 mm 2,5 m speaker cables, but the email address don’t work.

After doing the math it we’ll cost me roughly 100 pound including shipping.

That's some thick cable! What system are you planning to put that in?

One they look really nice, and not terrible expensive.

Probably now difference between 2.5 mm cables.

At least when then the cables are only 2.5 meters to each speakers.

Still just what see why everyone raves about them.

But why don’t their email address don’t work?

Has anyone else ordered cables from them, excluding people living in uk?

My impression is everyone can buy them, since they ship cables to most countries.

Ps, the cables look professionally terminated. One of the reason I am considering them.

There’s always the risk the copper might begin to oxide if they not are soldered.

The ones I am considering are the same as mentioned in the pictured above.

Last edited:
I use these Fisual plugs, have done for many years. They do stick out around 4mm but remain firm and make really good contact. I use them because they are so convenient.

Thank you, I ordered these and they are great and very good service from audio visual online.

Thank you, I ordered these and they are great and very good service from audio visual online.
Which cables are going to use with them?

Nakamichi !

I just used the cables that came with the speakers! I doubt we will know the difference! I wanted her to be able to unplug the speakers easily to move them. Thanks.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom