1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

banana plugs on yamaha`s

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by ewin, Dec 28, 2003.

Tags:
  1. ewin

ewin
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My amp is a htr-5630 and the main speakers output are binding posts but can not take banana plugs through the top as the hole is only about 2-3 mm wide .Is there a way to make them plug in or can i replace them with better ones.

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,381
    I can't say about Yamaha's for sure as I've never owned one, but on my Denon 3802 and many others the binding posts are covered at the end to stop people in Europe useing banana plugs as they will also fit into European power sockets.
    In the UK we can just get a small screwdriver and lever the bungs out of the end of the binding posts and use them with banana plugs. I've done, as have many others on this forum. As I say not sure it can be done with a Yamaha, but have a look and see.

Mark.

3. Family Guy

Family Guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Take a closer look at the binding posts on the Yamaha. You will see that around the small hole in the middle, the plastic is very thin - almost see through. Take a sharp knife, insert the end into the hole and turn the knife very carefully. This will rub away the thin plastic and leave a hole just big enough for a bannana plug to fit into. Convieniently enough, there is a metal plug inside as well - just big enough to take a bannana plug very snugly....:smashin: