Banana,bfa plugs for 2x 6.0 mm² speaker cable

Some say there is a difference between think and thicker cable

Some say there isn't but i know some of the more experienced say there is and there is indeed lower resistance thick vs think cable

I personally want some beefy cable, not just 2.5 mm² because i have that, im not going crazy in cable, the cable from thomann is less than 6 euros pr meter (i need 2x4 meter but ordering 9 meter not to have a cable just about long enough if it's not 8 meter or more (or 2x4meter) )

Problem is with som plugs when you tighten it, you often can't use the cover and can't tighten it more so theres enough space for the cover

Same price for the plugs as the cable or less, im not going cracy in price just because i what more speaker cable options

There is, if you use 1mm cable or bell wire, but too thick causes inductance.

Attachments

• 1595039340685.jpeg
    1595039340685.jpeg
    218.2 KB · Views: 41
Exactly what I suggested but the OP is in Denmark but I am sure it must be the same there as it is here.
If you get dealers to terminate the cables they do look a lot neater that's for sure. You will pay a premium or you can order made up lengths on line, which I would imagine will be the same in any country. I've also used Fisual plugs for my surrounds and those would have a serious problem in trying to push 6mm cable into them which may end up doing more harm than good with any strays touching the chassis.

6mm seems to be more trouble than it's worth to be honest, certainly with a standard 4mm banana plug fitting.

Thanks. My point is that a banana plug connection is 4mm, so unless you are running lengths that need thick cable it shouldn't make any difference as the connection at the amp is 4mm
You can't compare it to that, if your concxerned about the 4mm on a banana plug, just use spades

If you get dealers to terminate the cables they do look a lot neater that's for sure. You will pay a premium or you can order made up lengths on line, which I would imagine will be the same in any country. I've also used Fisual plugs for my surrounds and those would have a serious problem in trying to push 6mm cable into them which may end up doing more harm than good with any strays touching the chassis.

6mm seems to be more trouble than it's worth to be honest, certainly with a standard 4mm banana plug fitting.
I was quite lucky there is a guy around our village who sells Hi- End equipment from his home and I got into conversation about cables in general. It was him who put me onto Van Damme cables and he made my speaker cables up for me and you are correct I think that I paid £60 odd for them. He also lent me a load of expensive RCA cables and I couldn't hear the big difference between them and the ones that I have.

You can't compare it to that, if your concxerned about the 4mm on a banana plug, just use spades
I am not concerned at all. As for rough comparison, if your thick cable can carry 1000 amps, but your banana plug can only carry 500, you are only gonna get 500

do you wanna use speaker cable for welding ?

Who has a 500 amp + amplifier ?

Output Current for a 1500 watt mono amplifer from Dan Agostino is 400 A peak, do you think someone with an amp like that uese a normal wall socket limited til 16 (a) x 240volt and 8 bananaplugs for 50 euros ?

do you wanna use speaker cable for welding ?

Who has a 500 amp + amplifier ?
I said a rough comparison just to easily make a point without knowing actual figures. Believe it or not @gasolin I was trying to give an opinion and reason behind this so it may or may not help you. It makes no difference to me if you buy galvanized bars and turn them into speaker cables 😂. As you want to be so sarcastic I won't get involved with any of your threads again. Have a nice day👍

I hear you on the plugs with the plastic or metal sheaths that don't fit because you can't tighten the screws enough to get them on - been there, done that...thats why I went for those BFA plugs, because they don't have them in the first place.

It's only beer money basically as you say,
Sometimes people shouldn't comment if you need thick speaker cable or not but more help with the question or else it just gonna be one of the many does speaker cable make a difference or does thick cable makes a difference vs thinner cable, like 1.6 vs 6.0, which there is to many threads about.

This thread is not about if thick cable makes a difference or if i and other people who read this thread needs thick speaker cable
I did help you with the question, I gave you a link to the ones I purchased, a photo of them as they were lying close to me, and commented on their quality and that 6mm cable might not be appropriate (considering you don't wish to spend much on them) - maybe don't link to the speaker cables and expect others to confirm your biases for you whilst gibberin about tonearms and cartridges and comparing them to speaker cable as a basis for claimed improvement?
See what thickness of cable is running from the croosover to the drivers and match that if you're concerned, it'll not be 6mm², I promise you that.

W&M Audio gold are suprose to be able to be used with 9 mm rhodium 6.7 mm

20090410193046672.w610.h610.fill.wm.708cb01.jpg

If you're set on 6mm cable and banana plugs then could you not find a dealer who would supply and terminate the required lengths for you? Most dealers here in the UK will terminate cable with 4mm banana plugs.
it's often more expensive than doing it myself

it's not about if thick cable makes a difference, i just don't know what plugs to get, i don't want something like this, they just don't keep the tightness and i don't want my speaker cable to be exposed

125286_1466667562.jpg

I use something similar and I find that if I use a pair of molegrips (or pliers) and a pair of pliers on the knurled bit you can get to stay tight and won't come undone. If you just hand tighten them yes they will come undone over time.

I use something similar and I find that if I use a pair of molegrips (or pliers) and a pair of pliers on the knurled bit you can get to stay tight and won't come undone. If you just hand tighten them yes they will come undone over time.
Just don't like them, been there done that

Thanks. My point is that a banana plug connection is 4mm, so unless you are running lengths that need thick cable it shouldn't make any difference as the connection at the amp is 4mm

You aren't comparing like for like it's 6mm² wire, so that's the area, the actual diameter is 2.8mm which is smaller than your 4mm banana plug :)

I'll leave it to mr wolf he seems person to explain why too thick cables is a bad idea

Could be these BS-319

Ø CABLE MAX: 5mm from 16AWG to 5AWG

DIMENSION: internal depht 18mm, Overall Length 50mm

CABLE STRIP: 15mm

They costs less than 15 euros in denmark

BS-319-extra-big-5885-542.jpg

Can speaker cable be to thick ? (don't wanna know the price, looks like 1000 pounds,euros,dollars pr metere is a 0 to little and you don't have 1 meter extra in case you need it ?)

4i6nxxhz2k961.png

Ah, the new Anaconda range, we are Cables R Us have discovered that the ultimate cable is not made from metal but instead the skin of the anaconda. We just use the whole thing though to cut down on waste .... :D

And you need these on the front of the components to stop them tipping up

1650490360994.png

:hiya:

Did i miss something mm² vs mm

Viablue TS Banana Plug Gold Plated Ø5mm (Set x4) on audiophonics Viablue TS Banana Plug Gold Plated Ø5mm (Set x4) - Audiophonics

Information translated to english

The TS ViaBlue series has been developed to offer an ideal connector that adapts to each type of connection and each type of terminal. All TS plug connectors are protected against short circuits by a transparent insulating sleeve.
The width of the entry for the cable of the TS connectors is 5mm, which allows assembly with cables up to 8mm2.

Then i found this site How to Convert Wire Square mm to Diameter?

Does it mean every banana plugs who can handle 4 mm easily can can handle 6 mm² striped wire

2022-04-21 00_49_46-How to Convert Wire Square mm to Diameter_ – Google Chrome.png

No as the 4mm refers to the outer diameter of the male element of the banana plug. You then need to look at the body of the plug to check what wire size it can take.

I think i got it AUDIOQUEST BANANA 100S 53 euros for 8 plugs

On audiogon Audiogon Discussion Forum

I used to agree with the preference for spades, but the new BFA bananas (suggested by reubent and others above) offer better and more contact with the binding post than spades. I’m incredibly happy with the audioquest SureGrip100 BFA/Banana (Silver). They are crimp on connectors and form an excellent bond with the cables, much better than set screws. So between the stronger, larger contact with the binding post and the solid crimp connection with the cables, these connectors (or any other connector of this design) offer an extremely solid connection between the amp and speakers. They are also inexpensive, which is a big plus. Regarding auxinput's worry about getting 10 awg cables into the connectors, I wouldn't worry. My cables are 9 awg and I was JUST able to get every strand into the connector, though, being made from cat 5 cable, the conductor strands are rather stiff.​

Is the only 4 screws with an 8 pack ?

Update later in the audiogon thread

I got the AQ Suregrip100 BFA connectors and swapped them for my GLS connectors. It was a very tight fit with my 12 ga Mogami 3103 wire, but I got these simple twin-screw-secured connectors put together rather easily. AQ is a genius including a few extra screws as I dropped one in my carpet never to be found again.

I never thought of them as extra screws

Now i just wanna know if theres any better 10 gauge cable than Sommer Cable SC-Meridian SP260

Speaker cable is ordered

Last edited:
I bought the AudioQuest Banana 100S bananaplugs

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom