Ban Boxing!

• Thread starter Deleted member 695993
  • Start date

Deleted member 695993

Reaction score
After the death of a british boxer, i think it's time to ban boxing and mma!

Probably right but it ain't gonna happen.

Too much money involved in a world wide sport. If it's banned in Britain it'll simply move abroad

Really?.

What's happened is tragic but people have Died in most sports in competiton or as a result of Injury in competiton. I guess we should just ban all sports then.

I would need to see statistics for a range of sports.
Personally I don't like it but it does give people a purpose and sense of worth so the other side is what would happen without this?

Silly typical social media type knee jerk post with little or no research on contact sports , or sport in general .

As tragic as this was , should not we then ban all sports , contact or not when athletes die ?

Stuck in the snow?:D

I was hoping the op would be back to add to his argument, but I guess not
It WAS a knee-jerk reaction to that boxer dying. I like watching boxing and mma, so a ban WOULD be stupid!

I don't like these sports but I do respect the hard work and dedication of those who take part (in all roles) and am glad they have an aim in life.

The difference between combat sports such as boxing/mma and the rest is that people actively try to hurt/damage each other. I enjoy both but if we're going to have a reasoned discussion on the dangers involved then it's just as 'knee-jerk' to straight out dismiss it. If we indulge in it we should be big enough to acknowledge and take responsibility for the consequences of it. It's not just deaths - many boxers end up brain damaged.

There is personal an important, important comes first.

He is definitely indecisive though.

Or AVFers going to Bristol in February!

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom