1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ban banners

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by davidb71, Sep 16, 2005.

1. davidb71

davidb71
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would gladly welcome back the red dot saga if it meant those ridiculous brightly coloured "don't forget to watch this" banners stopped popping up. Who on earth thinks that while i'm watching the death throws of the season finale of alias do i want reminding that most haunted weekend is coming soon!!!! Even the goddam channel indicators get in the way sometimes. Plastered right over somebody's face in a close up. Why are they there? Are there some people who don't know what channel they are watching?

Is it a sky thing or the responsibility of the individual channel?

Also, is it my imagination or are sky trying to do the american trick of slipping the final ad break in the last 2 minutes. That really should be illegal. Even with sky+ it's still a pain FFing through to watch 90secs of tv. If all this gets much worse I'm sacking sky off and gonna wait till the box sets come out.

RANT RANT RANT! :spam:

2. pwood

pwood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    Speaking to the converted here. :hiya:

3. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    Sky have no control over other broadcasters' outputs.

4. DaveP

DaveP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You need to pop over to my old mate at LogoFreeTV

Dave

5. eternaldark

eternaldark

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +62
    what winds me up as well is the habit living tv have of squashing the screen in half during the last 2 minutes of will and grace to preview the program coming up next and the volume overrides what they are saying on will and grace!!! :mad: do these people even pay attention to what they are doing!?

6. greeny

greeny

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've thought for a while that TVs shoud have a separate little screen (LCD) for the broadcasters to put their logos/banners etc.

Then the main screen can be used for what it was intended, i.e. moving pictures and would not be obscured.

7. davidb71

davidb71
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ooh yes there's another one. It either cuts in to the last minute or it starts the millisecond the last scene has ended. Even on premier screenings. You've just been blown away mentally or moved spiritually and the shrinking screen cuts. Instead of the moving end title music the writer and director intended for you, you get "......coming up...midwives in dallas try speed-skating!"

I think you're right. Either they don't pay attention or they don't care. Either's wrong. Broadcaster of the year huh? Not my vote!

8. fortean

fortean

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +71
    Since we as consumers are paying to view these programs could it not be said that we are not getting the product we have paid for. As far as I know Alias was not made with a channel logo on it. If we are paying to watch an episode of Alias and what we get is an episode spoilt with a channel logo, or other advert, then isn't the product "Not Fit For Purpose". We expect the product we purchase to entertain us, not annoy us.
    There may even be a copyright issue since the broadcaster is interfering with the original work.

9. davidb71

davidb71
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I like the copyright issue idea. It is true the program wasn't made with intrusion so do the broadcasters sign a deal with an "as long as we can doctor it" clause. Let's get telly back for the consumer, not the producer (sorry ronnie corbet!).