baldybonce home cinema...(at long last!) 56k beware!

plumplemming said:
Top notch job:thumbsup: , one question though where is your sub ?

Sub is in front of the cabinets to the far left, not ideal maybe but still shakes the room/sofa and when listening I cant notice where the sub noise eminates from which I suppose is the idea

amazing, top draw, appsulutly unberliverble, amazing job m8 the best ive seen ever, have you got anymore pictures of the room, the angles and stuf.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Boothy said:
amazing, top draw, appsulutly unberliverble, amazing job m8 the best ive seen ever, have you got anymore pictures of the room, the angles and stuf.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Will try and do some more at the weekend if you so wish, anything you want to see in particular?

Threads like these that show the 'before' and 'after' shots are so inspiring, especially when they end up looking as good as this :smashin:

I hope one day I have the opportunity to do up my room in a similar way (here's dreamin...)

baldybonce said:
Hi Byronsp, That was part of my plan to keep the colours neutral and wife friendly to let me get away with more... hee hee

Skirtings and ceilings are white.

I love the colours you've used I was looking for something that wasn't Magnolia.

In the last picture on the first page the ceiling doesn't look white, it looks more like the colour of the whole room.
Is it just the way the light is hitting it ?

T800 said:
I love the colours you've used I was looking for something that wasn't Magnolia.

In the last picture on the first page the ceiling doesn't look white, it looks more like the colour of the whole room.
Is it just the way the light is hitting it ?

Dulux do a pretty amazing range of neutral colours now so magnolia should hopefully be a thing of the past!

Ceiling is deffinatly white... I painted it 4 times :)

:lesson: Do you get much heat build up in the cupboard when all the AV gear has been running or do you leave the doors open. I ask because i also have a cupboard affair and am considering installing a couple of computer case fans say on at each end with one sucking air in and the other blowing out to get a good circulation going just need to source some nice quite ones first. Oh by the way very nice room like the LED's alot i can imagime it creates a very nice mood in the room are they dimmable?

AutomanUK said:
:lesson: Do you get much heat build up in the cupboard when all the AV gear has been running or do you leave the doors open. I ask because i also have a cupboard affair and am considering installing a couple of computer case fans say on at each end with one sucking air in and the other blowing out to get a good circulation going just need to source some nice quite ones first. Oh by the way very nice room like the LED's alot i can imagime it creates a very nice mood in the room are they dimmable?

Hi AutomanUK,

Any heat from the AV gear rises up the back of the cupboard to the area behind the cut out display areas, and also the vent in the old chimney stack which is situated behind where the DVD's are stored supplies some air for circulation.
Unforunatly LED's are not dimmable, they are either on or off. When we watch movies etc we like the room in total darkness, so to be honest they are not used that much.

Just seen this thread whilst searching for something else. What can I say wow! Looks fantastic. How much would it cost to install recessed spotlights like that?

i just installed my own false ceiling and 10 spotlights and it cost me around £230 for everything. the spotlights were £120 though

Dynaudio Desire said:
AHHH. Douubt anyone would want to steal your quad sub with that predator on top. They would run a mile.

Wife thinks Predator head is UGLY but I think its COOL, parents dont like it either!

great job !
if your anything like me you would have had fun building it,making sure everything is just right and how you want it.
eather way it looks the nuts!

the klang said:
great job !
if your anything like me you would have had fun building it,making sure everything is just right and how you want it.
eather way it looks the nuts!

Many thanks, yep, loved doing it, but also like other things too and put my heart and soul into everything. At least this way you get what YOU want and to the standard you want it to be.

Beautiful, love the lighting, minimalism etc. Again, big fan of the cabinets built into the wall. I just hope you dont want a bigger telly at any point;-). Is there anything you would have done differently in hindsight?

Lancealex said:
Beautiful, love the lighting, minimalism etc. Again, big fan of the cabinets built into the wall. I just hope you dont want a bigger telly at any point;-). Is there anything you would have done differently in hindsight?

Many thanks for your comments, it would be no problem to have a larger screen as there is plenty of room to put a 61" when they become more widely available and cheaper.
The only thing I would have changed is the plasterer I used, really nice friendly bloke but what a mess he left and I had to correct the imperfections on the walls with a very fine filler after he had gone...

A very nice setup, how do I know? My wife is looking over my shoulder and I quote 'that looks nice, if you make the room look like that then stick it on the wall!':suicide:

Top notch job....... so much so (& I hope you dont mind) but I'm in the process of doing a very similar thing to my front room wall as well, except I'm using the built in shelving in the walls for locating the av equiptment.
I only hope it looks half as good as yours & I'll be a happy chappy. Will post pics when its done.:smashin:

wow..... just made my day. Thank you.

One question, do you tidy (using clips,tape ect.) the cables or is it out of sight out of mind ? I know it maybe a silly question.

Thank you again nice pics.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom