baldybonce home cinema...(at long last!) 56k beware!

kawasparky said:
Hi there, i'm new here. I think what you have done is bloody brilliant, good work.

:hiya: Welcome to the forums and thanks for your comment, will be going in there soon to watch Stealth, have not seen yet.

Thanks for your responce, I will picking up my new main speakers next week and will be hoping to get a Quad L Sub out for a home demo, I will let you know what I think.

baldybonce said:
:hiya: Welcome to the forums and thanks for your comment, will be going in there soon to watch Stealth, have not seen yet.
Please, for the niceness of your setup, don't watch Stealth on it!

NackNack said:
Please, for the niceness of your setup, don't watch Stealth on it!

OK, movie had a duff story but the picture quality was excellent, the colours were vibrant with the blacks really quite good. Sound was rather good too.
Since having it all set up with the Lumagen I find myself looking for imperfections in picture quality... some DVD's are really good but others a bit crap... takes away the fun a bit from watching movies

baldybonce said:
... some DVD's are really good but others a bit crap... takes away the fun a bit from watching movies

don't watch Appollo 13 on it then i bought an import DTS version, sounds fantastic picture is pants.

very nice set up mate:smashin: :smashin: :smashin: :smashin:

only just looked at ur setup baldy and..................................

wow!

love the finish, everything! the only improvement i cud think of would be to move u into my place and ill move into urs ;)

well improvement for me anyway :devil:

fantastic setup mate. Would love to do the same to my gaff but the missues likes the period features of it such as the fireplace (Id rather put my 40" bravia there!!) so well done on finding a missues who lets you get on with it.l Bet you used the line "it'll loke much neater with no wires showing" as the clincher to justify a 3k spend!!!! Love it!!!!!

Absolutely stunning, very impressed :clap: . The fact you did it all yourself too! I like your style, I have a good eye for design too, check my sig for my room - just finished. The AV units still to arrive, the unit in my pic is being binned ASAP.

Gary.

tony79 said:
fantastic setup mate. Would love to do the same to my gaff but the missues likes the period features of it such as the fireplace (Id rather put my 40" bravia there!!) so well done on finding a missues who lets you get on with it.l Bet you used the line "it'll loke much neater with no wires showing" as the clincher to justify a 3k spend!!!! Love it!!!!!

Period Fireplaces can look excellent, check here (link)

Max Payne said:
No offence to Edinburgh Gary, but your set up is not in the same league as this one. My congrats again to Baldy - an amazing set up!

Non taken,

I only wish I had the time, skill and ability to be as creative :) Saying that, I am extremely pleased with my setup, I would not change anything about it.

I absolutely love this guys setup, and would be very pleased with something similar...

I have a guest room upstairs needing done, if he's interested! ;)

Gary.

EdinburghGary said:
Non taken,

I have a guest room upstairs needing done, if he's interested! ;)

Gary.

So....million dollar question :) , If you were to do something similar, in a similar sized room, what would it cost? :) You really could make a business of it.

Gary.

That is a great looking room - even the wife is impressed (that takes a lot to impress usually!!!!:D )

EdinburghGary said:
So....million dollar question :) , If you were to do something similar, in a similar sized room, what would it cost? :) You really could make a business of it.

Gary.

Hi Gary, this room cost between 3k-3.5k to complete and a lot of hard work but thoroughly enjoyed doing it. Labour costs do not come into it as was for myself and the wife. Bear in mind I already the screen, AV gear so was only materials, chippy for cupboards and the spread for the walls...

Well, I have to say that it looks pretty darn good. Quite impressed with it infact. I have been wanting to do something along these lines for ages, but the mrs just wont have it and I dont have a spare room that would be a vaiable option. Oh well, maybe one day when I win that lotto and I get that big house............oh to dream the impossible dream:D

Anyway. In all seriousness I bet your well chuffed with the results. Its the little things like the LED lighting on the shelving that give it that finishing touch to set it all off. NICE:smashin: :smashin: :smashin: :smashin: :)

Dave.

Dave-S said:
Well, I have to say that it looks pretty darn good. Quite impressed with it infact. I have been wanting to do something along these lines for ages, but the mrs just wont have it and I dont have a spare room that would be a vaiable option. Oh well, maybe one day when I win that lotto and I get that big house............oh to dream the impossible dream:D

Anyway. In all seriousness I bet your well chuffed with the results. Its the little things like the LED lighting on the shelving that give it that finishing touch to set it all off. NICE:smashin: :smashin: :smashin: :smashin: :)

Dave.

Thanks Dave,

We love it, as its not a room that is used everyday when we do go in to watch a movie it makes it even more special. We have had so many BAD experiences at the cinema in this country and in the US that we no longer go and would rather wait till the films we want to see come out on DVD, means you have to wait a bit longer but so much less stressful, (never understand why some people go the the cinema and either talk/txt or eat all the way through the film... drives me and the mrs MAD:nono: :nono: )

Great cinema, really liked it and the colour scheme is superb (and very wife friendly?). Would be interested in some help in the future (i'm in south London) ias i'm building a house quite soon.

What colours did you use on the skirting boards and ceiling?

thanks

byronsp said:
Great cinema, really liked it and the colour scheme is superb (and very wife friendly?). Would be interested in some help in the future (i'm in south London) ias i'm building a house quite soon.

What colours did you use on the skirting boards and ceiling?

thanks

Hi Byronsp, That was part of my plan to keep the colours neutral and wife friendly to let me get away with more... hee hee

Skirtings and ceilings are white.

How south is "south London"?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom