baldybonce home cinema...(at long last!) 56k beware!

baldybonce

pixelpixel said:
wow..... just made my day. Thank you.

One question, do you tidy (using clips,tape ect.) the cables or is it out of sight out of mind ? I know it maybe a silly question.

Thank you again nice pics.

Hi,

Glad you liked my room, all cables are hidden behind rear panel in back of cupboards so even if the doors are left open you still cant see any wiring. They are not clipped or cable tied together as this would have been a nightmare to do and would have made it very difficult to pull one part of the equipment out if so required.

Watched digitally remastered 'The Terminator' on it last night...:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

jbirkett

Standard Member
Hi, think youve done a great job here, I was wondering I'm just gonna undertake a similar task, and would like to know what have you done about the heat that is given off your equipment in the cupboard, have you installed any fans etc.

Also,

I think the speakers you have selected are great, was wondering what make are they and what the sound quality is like.

baldybonce

Hi, think youve done a great job here, I was wondering I'm just gonna undertake a similar task, and would like to know what have you done about the heat that is given off your equipment in the cupboard, have you installed any fans etc.

Also,

I think the speakers you have selected are great, was wondering what make are they and what the sound quality is like.

Hi jbirkett,

I did think about installing fans but as there is a large void above the AV gear to the rear I felt it wasnt necessary. Also, the chimney which is still in place has an adjustable vent in it which lets a very small amount of air to circulate round thus cooling nicely.

The speakers are KEF 6000 ACE and they give a really great sound, small enough so they are not in ya face but a big enough sound, we havent wound them right up as its just not necessary.

Daddy k

Distinguished Member
just relooked at ur setup!
still amazing ;) u must be very happy getting in and chilling at night in there

baldybonce

just relooked at ur setup!
still amazing ;) u must be very happy getting in and chilling at night in there

Hey Daddy k, thanks for your appreciation... seems a bit of a waste but the room only gets used at weekends as dont have time during the week for watching movies but this does mean it gets kept in a condition that it was finished in so will hopefully last me and the wife a very long time. Also makes the weekends worth looking forward to even more than usual as them sofas are so damn comfy!

B

bomag69

Wow Wee how can anyone not be interested in home cinema when it looks like that

what a fantastic job well done full marks all the way

go and watch some more

andy:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

AH_Viper

Sorry to kind of bring this out of the ether but I was really impressed with your setup and was just wondering how you hide the cables for the tele? From the pics it looks as though the brickwork of the chimney is the back wall, so I don’t quite get how you ran the wires down from the tele.

Did you end up putting a plasterboard wall a couple of inches out from the brick work that you could then run your wires behind?

baldybonce

Sorry to kind of bring this out of the ether but I was really impressed with your setup and was just wondering how you hide the cables for the tele? From the pics it looks as though the brickwork of the chimney is the back wall, so I don’t quite get how you ran the wires down from the tele.

Did you end up putting a plasterboard wall a couple of inches out from the brick work that you could then run your wires behind?

Hi, the cables to the screen are enclosed in a large plastic trunking duct which was chased into the face edge of the chimney breast before it was plastered. It was large enough to take the connection plug from the plasma control box so if need be it can be removed and replaced.

mrbriggs

Standard Member
Hi, just wondered what make your speakers are? I take it the plasma is a 427XD? That is exactly what I am getting and like the look of those speakers. Can the rears be mounted on the wall?

Thanks

Lee.

SpencerUp

Great setup. The work gone into this is simply superb.

jensK

I am quiet impressed with all work that went into this home cinema. The room looks much nicer after the conversion.

Well done.

CFS

Christ, talk about raising the dead!

baldybonce

Christ, talk about raising the dead!

Shocked me a bit too, still good to know my room is still liked and you'll be pleased to know it still looks exactly the same as it only gets used once or twice a month.

New additions have been recently PS3, lifesize Terminator head from Sideshow and coloured cushions for the wife, oh forgot her collection of toy monkeys (great!).

CFS

I must say though, this is one of my favourite installs on the whole forum, running green with envy! :D Well done Sir!

baldybonce

I must say though, this is one of my favourite installs on the whole forum, running green with envy! :D Well done Sir!

Many thanks CFS, we still love the room as the rest of the house is a pile of s***. The wife was impressed that I got my priorities right, TV room first, then garden :thumbsup:

isayisay

Great set up very impressed,does this mean as its a thead thats a couple years old your now classed as old skool ha ha.:thumbsup:

Rich

Looking good :thumbsup:

Can I ask, where did you get the glass shelves?, I know it sounds like a silly question, but everywhere round here seems to charge about £60 per shelf, I'm sure there must be a shop somewhere has shelves in stock that you can buy, all the places round here seem to just sell you custom made shelves.

dclayton

ⓡⓘⓒⓗⓐⓡⓓ;7187381 said:

Can I ask, where did you get the glass shelves?, I know it sounds like a silly question, but everywhere round here seems to charge about £60 per shelf, I'm sure there must be a shop somewhere has shelves in stock that you can buy, all the places round here seem to just sell you custom made shelves.

Have you considered acrylic shelves? http://www.westwardplastics.co.uk

edit: Actually, at the size you probably need, they are just as expensive.

baldybonce

ⓡⓘⓒⓗⓐⓡⓓ;7187381 said:

Hi, the shelves were all part of the cost the units which I had made to the sizes required. I have looked at the quote and the shelf price isnt listed. As far as Im aware they came from a double glazing manufacturer, best thing to do is ask around your local companies and see if anyone can help you.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic LZ2000, LZ1500 & LZ980 Hands-on Launch Event | No QD-OLED for 2022, new 77-inch for LZ2000
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Astell&Kern announces new Kann Max DAP and Pathfinder earphones
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
McIntosh unveils flagship MCD12000 CD/SACD player
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Sonos announces new Ray soundbar
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Sony set to launch WH-1000XM5 wireless headphones