baldybonce home cinema...(at long last!) 56k beware!

I hate you :p That home cinema set up is so nice would love that some day, the lighting in the wall is very very nice.

It's an inspiration. You've got me thinking now!

Well done!! :thumbsup:

baldybonce said:
:hiya:

Thanks everyone for your kind comments, very much appreciated. Wife says I should do this as a business but not so sure!

Mhcq2002:

Watford is not too far away, have a friend in your town and during the brighter months of the year travel up your way for car meets.

I agree you should do it as a business. What car meets are you into. I help run a car modding website.

mhcq2002 said:
I agree you should do it as a business. What car meets are you into. I help run a car modding website.

I drive an M5 so normally every couple of months some of the members of BM3W and M5board have a get together, talk over cars,mods etc and have dinner/drink.

Max Payne said:
One of the best installs Ive seen over the whole web!

Very well done!

Thanks Max Payne, glad you liked it... we love it and since finished have watched so many films... the room is only for watching DVDs and is a NO pet zone, so hopefully should stay nice while I do the rest of the house.

Fantastic looks very :cool:

looking at the pics it looks like the plasma was sunk into the wall at one stage or is that just the picture?

very cool mate realy like it what a difference:smashin: :smashin: :smashin:

OBee1 said:
Fantastic looks very :cool:

looking at the pics it looks like the plasma was sunk into the wall at one stage or is that just the picture?

very cool mate realy like it what a difference:smashin: :smashin: :smashin:

Did think of doing this but if you ever change the screen you have a lot more work/disruption to re-fit. Thanks for comments

Excellent work Baldy, it looks fantastic and is an inspiration to us all. One quick question though, how do you control your equipment when they're behind those cabinets? I'm assuming a remote won't work through them or have you come up with some brilliant solution (which wouldn't be surprising).

P.S. You can see your bonce on the plasma screen with camera in hand - you really do live up to your name :D

Wongfeiwellhung... thanks for your kind words

I have the Philips Pronto Ru980 with RF Extender which is tucked away in the back of the cupboard. Being radio frequency it does not need to be in a line of sight unlike Infra red.

And YES your right my name is so apt... baldy :) not asking about your name though!!! LOL

I cant believe you didnt keep the round windows!

Seriously though :smashin: that is a truly amazing install. I wonder how much value you add to your house when you do that.

CluelessJim said:
I cant believe you didnt keep the round windows!

Seriously though :smashin: that is a truly amazing install. I wonder how much value you add to your house when you do that.

I suppose it would only add value if the buyer likes this sort of thing... I have another 10 rooms to do yet so we will get a lot of pleasure from it.

Wow!:thumbsup:

How do you even begin with somthing like that.

Thats simply stunning!:smashin:

When i move you can come and do mine;) , that's easily one of the best home theatre setups i've ever seen

Well done mate. Better than getting Llewellyn Bowen round! :D

Thank god you ripped out those port holes and that horrific fire place and stonework. I was worried after the first picture you might leave them in after taking out the fireplace! :eek:

It is amazing what you can do with a 70's interior nightmare with a bit of imagination, motivation and practical nouse. I wish I had some! :(

Looks very good, I'm very jealous! :thumbsup:

Can I ask a couple of questions?

What do you do about air circulation over your A/V in the cupboards? Do you have an air flow system in there?

How much did it all cost? Thinking about getting a similar sort of thing done when I get my first house come september.

Thanks dude!

I'm well impressed!!

Definately one of the best jobs and best looking setups i've seen, seriously!

I like the minimilist style and you've got the same screen i'm getting too if its the 50"
I'll be coming back to this thread when i plan on doing my own

Very well done mate! :smashin: :smashin: :smashin:

Looks great, very much in my sort of style. Can I ask a quick question, I am about to buy a new sub and the Quad L is on my short list. What do you think of yours and would you recommend it? I am also considering the Velodyne SPL-1000R

Thanks

Games Guru said:
Can I ask a couple of questions?

What do you do about air circulation over your A/V in the cupboards? Do you have an air flow system in there?

How much did it all cost? Thinking about getting a similar sort of thing done when I get my first house come september.

Thanks dude!

Hi,

As the chimney breast is behind the storage cupboards when it was bricked up I built in an air vent so a) would keep the chimney with an air flow (stop damp etc) and b) would leave a flow of air over the AV gear. The holes in the rear of the cupboards where the cables run are enough to let the air flow freely.
With regard to cost I would say it was around the £3k not inc AV gear which I already had.

Streetrod said:
Looks great, very much in my sort of style. Can I ask a quick question, I am about to buy a new sub and the Quad L is on my short list. What do you think of yours and would you recommend it? I am also considering the Velodyne SPL-1000R

Thanks

I love the Quad sub, sound is awesome and definatly shakes the room up. I used to have a REL Q150E which I thought was great but this blows it away...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom