• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Balance problem with speakers

D

DanielC

Hey all, I'm having an odd problem with my speakers. When listening to music or playing games the sound appears to be coming more from the left speaker. I thought this could be a balancing issue so I used the left/right speaker in the audio control panel to see if there was a problem, but the sounds seem uniform on both sides. Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be?

safcalibur

Distinguished Member
Hey all, I'm having an odd problem with my speakers. When listening to music or playing games the sound appears to be coming more from the left speaker. I thought this could be a balancing issue so I used the left/right speaker in the audio control panel to see if there was a problem, but the sounds seem uniform on both sides. Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be?

Hi DanielC,

Stangely enough, i had the same problem a while ago, low sound from right speaker but left speaker was fine and on the audio callibration both speakers sounded fine. Turned out that my left audio lead wasn't connected to the amp properly!! It was a simple case of pushing it in further (yes i realise how smutty that sounds!!) and bingo it did the trick. If i were you i'd check all the connections and see how that goes.

Best of luck

Saf

Crossfade

Standard Member
As mentioned,

checked your connections, but don't rule out a dodgy speaker lead aswell, it may be intermittenly working and just happens to work with the other speaker:lesson:

BlueWizard

Distinguished Member
First check your Balance control and make sure it is centered.

Next check the integrity of all your connections; amp, peripherals, speakers, bi-wire jumper bars, etc....

If that hasn't solved your problem that we need to determine if it is the amp or the speaker.

Disconnect your speaker wires at the speakers, move the right amp wire to the left speaker and the the left over to the right. If the problem follows the wire then it is probably the amp. If the problem stays with the speaker, then it is probably the speaker.

Do this, and get back to us, and we'll take it from there.

Steve/bluewizard

D

DanielC

I think I may have posted this in the wrong section. My speakers are just a simple 2.0 setup for my computer. I think the problem may be my ears though, rather than my speakers... I've listened to other devices around the house like all of the TVs and the sound seems to be louder from the left on all of them.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom