1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Baffled with 3805

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by buckyb, Oct 29, 2005.

1. buckyb

buckyb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I hooked up my Sony LCD Projection (KDF-42WE655) from the audio out to my 3805 TV/DBS audio input. But there's no sound coming out. I muted the Sony (as per the manual) and still no sound. I'm using regular RCA cables. Is there a setting on the receiver that I'm not seeing?

I have all the components going through the receiver (dvd, CD, Phono and Tape Deck) which are all working fine. And I'm using Comcast Cable with a cable card in my TV. I wanted to watch HD Channels with the sound going through the receiver but I just can't seem to make it work. Any help or suggestions will be appreciated.

2. Knyght_byte

Knyght_byte

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +599
    i take it the Sony is a RPTV? (just making sure you not trying to connect a normal front screen projector..heh)

try unplugging your CD players RCA cable and put the TV's one in to there.....then switch on your amp and press whatever you normally press when you want to listen to CD....
    if that works then im thinking it might be worth checking your digital input assignments, you may have TV/DBS set to digital, not analogue....you can do this via the main setup menus.....at least i think the 3805 works similar to the 3803 from what i remember...(i have the 3803)

if this still doesnt work, if you are not using your 3805's 8 channel external INputs then just plug the TV in to the front left and front right external inputs, then hit ext input on your remote and it should be fine :)

of course if the TV/DBS doesnt work regardless of what you play around with then i suggest you take it back to be repaired...lol...or at least ask the guys in the shop to set it up and see if they can make it work.......

or if you dont get any sound at all, even from the external inputs, then you need to fiddle with settings on the TV, or take it back...

3. buckyb

buckyb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My bad Knight, the TV is a rear projection.

I just did what you suggested and and plugged the TV to the CD and still did not worked. I tried connecting it to VCR2, DBS and VDP still nothing. I also tried plugging it in the front Aux. and still nothing. I did have inputs set to analog and turned the speakers off the TV. I'm thinking it could also be a bad cable. I'm going to pick up a new set and try it out. I'll let you know.
    Thanks,
    Ed

4. Mr Incredible

Mr Incredible
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11,878
    Have you tried the I.Mode switch on the remote to make sure it is getting the analogue signal? Or is it the Analogue button? Either way, try both!!!

5. Mr Incredible

Mr Incredible
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11,878
    Out of interest, have you tried taking the digital output from the TV to a digital input?

6. Knyght_byte

Knyght_byte

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +599
    well, sounds like its either a bad cable or something you need to sort out on the TV...

might be worth rereading your TV manual and going from step one.....

or can you not borrow the RCA cable from your CD player and try that? or is it not long enough to reach the TV?

hope you get it sorted anyhow.....
    btw, i presume your TV has integrated tuner that you are using? maybe try and use a VCR if normal analogue TV or a separate freeview box for digital TV, then feed the outputs from that instead of from the TV for TV audio :)

7. buckyb

buckyb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Got a new cable and it worked. The cable I was using was fairly new so I was skeptical that it would be the problem. Anyway it works now. I really do appreciate the input from you guys. Nice to have a resource that we can tap to if ever there's a problem that arises. Thanks fellas!