1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bad Sound on Battlestar Galactica

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by JiMbOb_74, Nov 8, 2004.

1. JiMbOb_74

JiMbOb_74

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anybody else noticed the sound on tonights BG? It sounded awful... sounded like a low bitrate mp3 ... 56kbs sort of sound? It must be the program because the adverts sounded fine?

Anybody on the forum work for sky? whats going on? saving bandwidth?!

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    My SKY+ recording sounds fine but not got access to the main AV setup atm only running it via phonos to PC's DD/DP2 amp.
    I'll have a closer listen this afternoon if I have the time to watch the show.

Any problems are more likely to be with the actual playback and/or transponder not with the bitrate of the audio, saving a few kilobytes here and there isn't going to make any practical saving:)

3. stewarthollyhea

stewarthollyhea

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    WHat do you think of this program so far. I just dont ike it. It doesnt give me anything but an empty feeling when i watch it. I really wanted ot like it.

4. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    I love it, a reworking of the orginal taking it in a totally different direction, remakes are fine but sometimes they come across as more of the same and times have moved on. The character updates are better suited to the current tv climate, the SFX are simply stunning and it has depth and intelligence in the writing.

It's not got the qwerkiness (that can't be a real word) of a LEXX or a Farscape nor has it the middle of the roadness of the Trek franchise, for humour and loveable characters it's not a patch on Firefly but having said all that it still holds it'w own as a more realistic hard edged scifi show set against a genocidal war.

Back to the audio..
    It sounded ok to be honest, the title music which would have been the "cleanest" piece of the soundtrack was full and smooth and the rest both dialogue and sound fx were solid. Just a shame that SKY1 doesn't carry DD5.1, I am sure that option would be available to broadcasters.

5. Woolybully

Woolybully

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I also love this show for all of the above reasons.I find it a dramatic,well acted,inteligent piece of sci-fi television...the best I've seen in years.
    Audio last night was hissy as described,must have been the V.T as adverts were fine.

6. pjclark1

pjclark1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +271
    last nights episode was total sh@t

7. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979

Learn how to imply the same thing using a couple of hundred words and you'll have a job on any tabloid newspapers TV review section:)

8. Urotsukidoji

Urotsukidoji

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes the sound quality was terrible:(

9. JiMbOb_74

JiMbOb_74

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thats ok I thought my hearing was giving up...!

And yeah I am loosing interest in the series...the pilot was brilliant... its just getting a bit boring now.

Atlease theres stargate atlantis and halo2 to take up my time!