Bad signal on certain channels?

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by hyeung, Aug 31, 2007.

1. hyeung

hyeung

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi,

I've notice that i'm unable to get certain channels (about 4-5) i.e. True Movies, True Movies 2 etc

I have checked my signal, and it appears the signal strength is 50% and sometimes 40%....however the quality is always 100%.
    I have no issues with all the other channels?

Fortunately, these channels i don't watch but i'm curious as to why these are not working? I either get no signal or the screen is all garbed up?
    I do recall that these channels worked fine in the past...

Its worth noting that i have only one communal feed; so i have split this using a smart priority switch to 2 feeds to the HD box.
    In doing this the signal strength does drop....as it was originally 60%.

2. chrise

chrise

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +46
    True Movies are some of the channels on the Eurobird 1 satellite that is not quite in the same location in the sky as the main Astra birds used by Sky, BBC etc (28.5 degrees E against 28.2 degrees) but almost all the shopping channels and "adult Channels" are also there. If you are missing loads of those it could be the dish is slightly out of alignment. Otherwise it could be that given your marginal set up just does not like that frequency for some reason and the signal level goes below the level the box can detect.

The Sky box signal strength is always measured on the default transponder not the one you are currently tuned too and is by default one of Sky's so it would not show if a particular transponder frequency will cause difficulties.