Bad Service From Sim2

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by figlio, Oct 29, 2004.

1. figlio

figlio
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Last week I bought the HT300e and receive the projector on Monday.When I switched on the projector I was expecting to make a very big improvement from my old SIM2 ht200.

The picture looked very good with alot of detail but the colors where horrible.I tought that with a few settings I will get the picture that I like.I started setting the contrast and brightnes with AVIA Then I tried to set the colors. The result
    was not happy at all so I tried the digital video essential and I made the same think but still the same.The picture was good but the green color was stronger than the others so it was interfiring with the blue and red.

I took the projector to the shop and they told me that there is somethink from the service menu that they can do.They phoned to sim2 and they told them the instruction to enter in the service menu. They started to adjust the colors and they brought the blue resonable but then they effected the other colors.

They told me that the problem is that Sim2 never calibrated the color of this projector and that was the problem.

I told to the shop from where I bought to tell sim2 to send ma a new projector.But sim2 they dont want to send a new one so I have to sand it back to them to fix the problem.don`t you think that sim2 had to give me a new projector and they don`t had to argue with the customer.Its not very good service from sim2.I had expected a better treatment from a company that produced some of the best projectors around.

:nono: :thumbsdow :(

2. RTFM

RTFM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    I think the title of your thread is unfair to Sim2.
    They have not actually done anything (except supply the projector to your dealer) so I can't see how they have given you bad service. The buck really stops with the Dealer. He should, as part of his service check the projector and make any adjustments if he sees fit.

If your dealer had a Colour analyzer like Sencore or Colorfacts he could have checked and reset the settings in the service menu while you waited with no need to send the projector back.
    You just can't start fiddling with these settings without proper test equipment.

I'm sure Sim2 Italy would turn round your 300E in a couple of days if your dealer can't do the adjustment.

Jeff :rtfm:

3. figlio

figlio
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1

Don`t you think that sim2 had to set the projector with the color analyzer at the factory instead of sending the projector to the dealer.Another person in another forum told me that he had the same problem with the 300e-link.

This a answer to a question that I made:
    yes my E-Link had a greenish blue push to it. I had it ISF'd and WOW it looks AWESOME! Everything was done in the service menu.

4. godzilla

godzilla

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    I hate to say it but I am also very disappointed with Sim2's service.

My HT300, which was just under 2 years old at the time, went kaput in early September.

I returned it to the supplying dealer who shipped it to Sim2 UK.
    Unfortunately they diagnosed a failed driver board which is many hundreds of pounds to replace.

Even more unfortunately, although all Sim2s now come with a 2 year warranty, when I bought mine it only had a one year warranty so I will be footing that bill myself.

Worst of all though is that now, 2 whole months later there is still no word on when a new board will be arriving from Sim2 Italy!

Alan and Eddie say they are chasing Italy as often as possible but the end result is still that I have been without my £9k projector for 2 months.

It is Sod's Law that I've been waiting impatiently for the Star Wars trilogy to come out on dvd and I haven't been able to watch it (I refuse to watch it on a puny 36" CRT!) and soon we will be moving out of this house into rented accomodation for a few months therefore no screen and no pj... :mad:

5. Craig Sowerby

Craig Sowerby

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Hi Figlio,

Glad to hear you got it looking good! it's good also to hear that more people are starting to apreciate the benefits of ISF calibration, As for service i can say that we have had nothing but great support from Sim2UK.

6. godzilla

godzilla

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Well hopefully I too am heading for a happy conclusion to my current projector withdrawal symptoms.

After continued chasing from Alan Roser, Sim2 Italy finally shipped a new driver board to Sim2 UK on Friday.

Eddie has installed it and it is currently undergoing shakedown prior to software updating and provision of a new lamp.

I should be able to pick it up from Prestige Audio on Tuesday. Fingers crossed!