1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bad service from Komplett.co.uk?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by moss, May 27, 2003.

1. moss

moss

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've tried to return my panasonic Ae300 because
    it has at least 6 squares of blue pixels and 4/6 green
    pixels which are very close to the center of the picture and hence very distracting to the eye.

But have been told to :

Please contact Panasonic directly as they handle all warranty claims on this unit.

Had the projector 3 days. Is that bad service of not accepting it back or am I being unreasonable?

2. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Moss,

Without wishing to comment on Komplett's standards of service,
    I believe that there is a period during which you are free to return mail order goods without stating a reason - 7 or 14 days, iirc, provided the goods are returned complete in their original packaging with a;ll leads, accesories etc. It's OK to have tested the goods, but if you don't like it for any reason, you should be able to return it for a full refund; you'll probably have the bear the cost of postage though.

I'm not well up on UK consumer legislation, but if you give your local Trading Standards Office a quick buzz they should be able to pint you in the right direction.

Sean G.

3. Messiah

Messiah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +339
    But does this apply to goods ordered from outside the UK. Komplett are Germany or Holland based I think so do these distance selling regs apply to them?? :confused:

4. gothmog

gothmog
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Komplett are in Norway, their site states that Komplett.co.uk operates under UK law/trade rules etc.

So technically you should just be able to return it like theritz says...

However what I would do is pop over to the Komplett forum on the dvdforums and have a word with 'Patman' who is their rep.

From what I've seen he's pretty good at sorting out this kind of issue...

-- Jon

5. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Neil,

Afaik, Komplett.co.uk is a business registered in the UK, they bill in £stg and charge UK VAT rates..... this should bringthem within the EU consumer protection legislation.

Komplett's stuff is shipped from Norway, which is not an EU Member State, but this should have no effect if Komplett are registered in the UK.

BTW, When are you going to tell us what PJ you've ordered ? (and how long you're going to keep it for !!!! ;) )

All the best,

Sean.

6. dunkyboy

dunkyboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I don't know about Panasonic, but I know Sanyo are quite vigorous at making sure that all issues with dead pixels and the like are handled directly through them, and not through dealers. I wouldn't be surprised if Panasonic has adopted a similar policy.

You should still fall within the 7 day distance sale legislation, but I was under the impression that you could only take advantage of it if the item was unopened and unused - i.e. you just take one look at it and change your mind. But I could easily be wrong (and I'd very much like to be in this case :)), so please do correct me if that's the case.

Cheers,

Dunc

7. moss

moss

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the tips guys, taken gothmogs suggestion and posted on the komplett board. So lets see what Patman says, personally I would also expect to take back faulty goods to the supplier rather then the manufacturer. I've read that one green pixel is enuff for it to be called faulty

8. moss

moss

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    any1 know the panasonic UK return number? (i'm at work dont have the paperwork with me)

9. calscot

calscot
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It's faulty goods so the supplier is responsible.

I've read that the tolerance for dead/stuck pixels on the AE300 is 4 blue, 1 red and 0 green.

So it's definitely faulty.

Cheers,
    Cal.

10. moss

moss

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok have just spoken with Panasonnic UK who say that as it is within a week etc I'm to return it to the supplier and am entitled to a refund so I want 1

11. gothmog

gothmog
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I agree, if it's bad out of the box definately a supplier issue, so either a refund or a swap out (I notice they've got 50-99 in stock) so a replacement shouldn't really be an issue.

Hopefully it's just a crossed wire somewhere at Komplett ;)

-- Jon

12. rjs1974

rjs1974

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If I recall correctly, Komplett actually state on their own website that they adhere to the Distance Selling Act 2000 - and actually link through to the DTI website to reinforce this!!

Tell them you want a refund/exchange - you are legally entitled, even without resorting to the warranty.

Good luck mate.

13. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just to clarify Distance Selling Regulations:

The goods must be returned "unopened" - sealed etc... They cannot be "tested" & then returned.

They must be resaleable as brand new. That rules out "pixel checking" on PJ etc...

If goods are faulty within 7 days of receipt, they can be returned, to the retailer, for refund or exchange.

Never had any problems with Komplett, then again never bought any PJs from them.

Best of luck with your situation :)