Bad reception!

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by MikeeF, Apr 13, 2003.

1. MikeeF

MikeeF
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Guys,

I have a sky digibox and a VCR. The ariel from the roof plugs into the VCR. The ariel then connects from the VCR to the in of the sky digibox and then there is a coax run from RF2 to a TV in a bedroom (digilink). The idea is so I can watch videos in bed.

The problem is the reception on the bedroom TV. It isn't 100% and the played video is very poor....however, if I unplug the ariel from the roof from the back of the VCR, the video playing is 100%. If I take the VCR out alltogether and plug the roof ariel into the digibox, I get perfect TV reception and sky reception.

I've tried changing the RF channel in the installers menu but no change.

Even when I plug the VCR directly into the digilink cable and play a video and the ariel is plugged into the VCR, the reception is very poor. As soon as I remove the ariel, the picture is 100%.

Looks like an issue with my VCR!!

Any ideas??

Cheers

Mikee

2. MikeeF

MikeeF
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    One other note - the ariel source I'm using is the cable from NTL No box, just the cable.

3. Fernsehman

Fernsehman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I confess you've got me totally confused. Ariel is a biological washing powder, yes? And if you are using the NTL cable (analogue or digital?), that's NOT carrying the normal terrestrial TV signals is it? If you want them, you'll need an aerial on the roof. So when you mention "ariel from the roof" do you mean "aerial on the roof" or do you mean "NTL cable connection" or are you actually discussing a brand of washing powder which you keep on the tiles?

4. MikeeF

MikeeF
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    OK, thanks for pointing out the fact I can't spell!!

Forget the roof - at the moment I use the NTL cable as my source. Straight from the wall to the VCR - no NTL box!! Its a far better reception.

Mikee

5. Fernsehman

Fernsehman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Care to run it by us again? I'd guess, from the lack of replies, that nobody else could understand it, either.

Keep it simple and tell us accurately what is connected to what and describe the tests you've done.

6. MikeeF

MikeeF
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Its OK, I've got it sorted. Basically theres interference when I use NTL rather than a roof aerial.

There is ment to be a way of changing the RF channel like you can do in a sky box (installers menu) but my video can't do it.

Looks like I will have to use the roof aerial instead.

Mikee

7. uk_jih

uk_jih

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    If your video has no option in the menu system to change the RF channel of the video output, it may have a little screw near the RF output that can be adjusted to change the RF output channel.

8. MikeeF

MikeeF
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No screw I'm afraid - and I've lost the manual!!