Bad PQ - Please help

smiff

Hi all, I wonder if you can help me...well my mother in law. She has just bought a Sony KDL402530. She called me about an hour ago saying that the PQ while watching Sky is really bad. When they switch onto channel 1,2 etc via the outdoor area everything is fine however Sky is terrible. I have a 32" TV and she has seen the PQ of Sky on mine so she knew what sort of standard to expect, all though hers cost twice as much mine things are not looking good.

I have gone thourgh everything I can think of over the phone for her to check/do. Also she has a good qulaity scart lead so its not that.

Any sugestions, is this a Sky issue or something we need to do?

Many Thanks

Zooks

make sure the Sky box is set to RGB not PAL in services\picture then do a search for sony settings in this forum. Lots of info available.

smiff

First thing I checked was the "RGB" setting. I have started reading through the threads as well, just go to find the right information :)

smiff

I cant seem to find anything, can anyone point me in the right direction please.

Thanks

and36

usually the first thing to do when trying to get a good picture is turn off all the picture enhancements :D not sure what they are on this model but on my JVC all the enhancements are turned off and sharpness turned right down to zero , also if your mother is anything like mine then the colour will be turned right up which doesn't help

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom