Quantcast

Bad picture quality on new tv

Coldste

Novice Member
Sorry if this isn’t the right forum but my brand of TV isn’t listed on the main page. Anyway we recently bought a new Hitachi 4K smart tv. Every now and then the picture quality is dreadful sometimes we get white lines on the screen, we've got gold 4K HDMI cables that are connected to our virgin media box. I’ve included a link to the place we’ve bought the TV from and a picture to show what I mean about the picture quality.

E7C4A711-320E-40EE-B9D2-60DC0A102FA2.jpeg
05423D51-8C8D-4213-8F8F-A58D9C94E6EB.jpeg

dts

Distinguished Member
Looks like you may have a faulty tv...was it purchased from argos by any chance? I would be taking it back if I were you...if you can get a better brand of tv as these tvs aren't great...A hisence would be a step up.

Coldste

Novice Member
Looks like you may have a faulty tv...was it purchased from argos by any chance? I would be taking it back if I were you...if you can get a better brand of tv as these tvs aren't great...A hisence would be a step up.
Yeah it was, probably will take it back

gibbsy

Take it back for a refund, obviously faulty. If I were you I'd go to Richer Sounds, even Currys would be better than Argos as at least you can talk to someone about the TV.

mikej

Definitely looks faulty to me. If you're able to get a refund, places like Richer Sounds sell 49-50" LG, Samsung, Philips and Panasonic TVs in that price range, which are likely to be better.

You'll also usually get a 5 or 6 year warranty included in the price, which Argos would charge you extra for.

Romanquadra

Novice Member
Hitachi branded TVs are not actually made by the Japanese manufacturer Hitachi now, but rather the Turkish company Vestel (which also makes Finlux TVs), same as Toshiba's made by Hisense.

Now days you should check who actually makes your TV before buying as the old time good brands, at least some of them, no longer but just a name.