• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Bad Online Retailer Experience, Any Advice?

VAMOS DAN

Prominent Member
Hi guys, me and my brothe ordered 2 monster 950 surge protectors from this company off the internet as they had a very competitive price:

Computers, Hard Drives, Components Memory | PC Doctor Store

Then my trouble started :(

Firstly i ordered on the 09/09/09 and it said allow 3-5 days delivery, my order WASNT posted out till the 14th, (They told me over the phone the items are sent direct from their suppliers and not them. Now after about 10 days so 24th the items were still not here, i phoned them and they said they cant investigate until 15working days had passed! :mad:

On the 15th day i had a parcel delivered by city link, great i thought! :) Opened the box up, bear in mind i ordered 2 950's, and inside the box there was a single 850!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: ***!

Now, i been trying to call them and use there online chat and getting no answer! all i get it ''Your in a queue due to a busy period'' My @ss! :mad:

So what do i do guys, i really feel iv been scammed, ive never dealt with such a poor company :(

** Verve **

Established Member
Did you pay by credit card?

You should be able to get your money back from the credit card company if they have messed you around with your order.

VAMOS DAN

Prominent Member
Did you pay by credit card?

You should be able to get your money back from the credit card company if they have messed you around with your order.

Yeh it was done on credit card. So do i just phone the cc company and explain to them?

Wish i could keep the 850 they sent as how much theyv messed me about! :devil:

Saggy

Established Member
Do we have a name and shame area for bad retailers? I have been having a massive rouble with an online retailer and they wher sticking to their terms of contract and where sticking to "a refund can take upto 28days" now that the time has passed and they are in breach of their own terms still no refund... what can I do. (paypal payment via a debit card) Paypal not interested as not brought from ebay???
(sorry to hijack)

** Verve **

Established Member
Yeah just phone up your CC company, they should tell you how to proceed in getting a refund.

It might take a while to get your money back as they have to investigate it first. Don't know how long this usually takes, thankfully i've never had to go down this road before!

7ofnine

Prominent Member
Agree with the other responses. Contact your credit card company. They will have no problem in doing a charge back on the retailer. I've done it before and got a refund.

DVD-Man

Distinguished Member
More proof of why this particualr site was the cheapest because there is not the service of the mor ereputable websites, sometimes it's just not worth the small saving.

Hope you get the issue sorted.

Liam

VAMOS DAN

Prominent Member
i know mate but we live and learn. Wont make the same mistake again :smashin:

Just a pain in the @ss because i would quite simply buy normal price now but would like the refund first :(

Cheers guys, i'll get onto the CC company :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom