Bad news for Alias?

V

valhalla

I was just reading in USA Today that there might be a problem for us Alias fans. Originally, the plan was for Desperate Housewives to occupy Alias Sunday night slot until Janurary (no big deal as many thought Housewives would be axed long before then.)

However, since Housewives is getting bigger ratings in three weeks than Alias has had in three years, ABC is rethinking moving its breakout hit which means Alias may be in a new time slot this year.

I'm not a violent man but if they decide to put Alias up against 24, I'm probably going to have to kill someone.

Would this signal the end for my favourite TV show?

I doubt it. The network (hopefully) ins't that stupid. They should find a decent slot for it somewhere.

BTW, what's with the signature?

It would be just like US studio executives to have a rush of blood on the back of Housewives and Lost and dump ALIAS in a poor slot even though Garner is still hot property.
Even they are that stupid though, Garner is still happy playing the role and has a long contract and Abrams even with LOST is still up for the show.
The move for ALIAS into 2005 is not really a bad thing, they could use the delay to pick a slot that is weak for other networks or at least not as competitive as the current Sunday slot.

Dude...I am a HUGE Alias fan, and I feel like I've been waiting forever for the next season...I find Desperate Housewives amusing, but would trade it in a minute for Jennifer Gardner again...

Didn't Alias receive similar ratings as 24, at least in the first half of the third season?

Personally I don't care where Alias is in the US Schedules as long as it's better than last season! I love Alias but the third season was extremely weak, I hope the writers got sacked and replaced!

I enjoyed the third season, mind you I watched it over 4 days off of DVD so perhaps that helped matters. Spread it out over 8 months or so and you get to much time to dwell on the plot holes, questionable motivations and inconsistencies plus some situations which were just too stupid even for Alias:)

Jennifer kept her clothes on far too much as well or perhaps we were spolit by last seasons super bowl episode :blush:

Starburst
Not relevant to the actual thread but you may like to hear that JG looks VERY hot as Elektra in the upcoming film - there's a mini-featurette about it on the I, Robot DVD release.

Nick

Starburst said:
Jennifer kept her clothes on far too much as well or perhaps we were spolit by last seasons super bowl episode :blush:
had to love her in the german goth club though :blush: though i'd died and gone to heaven! Bet the angels won't look that good in fishnets!

And if they do decide to put Alias in an annoying timeslot, get it on bittorrent the day after it airs! That's what i did with the whole of season 3 which hasn't been shown in the UK.

Alias was one of the few shows I didn't aquire by less than honest means last season, expected it to be on SKY1 and then wasn't going to waste my time watching the 4:3 logo plastered Bravo screenings.
The R1 boxset as usual was worth the wait:)

Jennifer is always hot, a seriously beautiful woman. Being blonde and having a cleavage you could suffocate in is not required to jingle my bells:)

Starburst said:
I enjoyed the third season, mind you I watched it over 4 days off of DVD so perhaps that helped matters. Spread it out over 8 months or so and you get to much time to dwell on the plot holes, questionable motivations and inconsistencies plus some situations which were just too stupid even for Alias:)

The whole season was one begin inconsistency and it looks like when J J Abrams isn't conducting things Alias is left lacking. Let's hope he has a more hands-on involvement in the 4th season when it finally airs.

I think we were spoilt by that episode with her in her underwear on the plane :D but everything about the season was second-rate, not just her disguises but the action (or lack of quality action especially sydney kicking arse!), the writing, poor acting(Michael Vartan who plays Agent Vaughn)the stories there were so much from wrong that needs to be rectified... Oh and I forgot the lack of Irena Derevko (Lena Olin) was possibly the biggest mistake of the season of which there were many.... too many :thumbsdow

bom bom said:
Oh and I forgot the lack of Irena Derevko (Lena Olin) was possibly the biggest mistake of the season of which there were many.... too many :thumbsdow
that wasn't a mistake as such, Lena Olin quit the show and doesn't want to ever come back, and they decided that she was so good it would be unacceptable to ever recast her, so she'll just never be in it, except perhaps on instant messenger :rolleyes: did anyone else wonder why an infamous russian double-agent would spend all day on the internet waiting for Jack to send her an IM?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom