1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bad Lads Army

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by Family Guy, Jul 9, 2004.

1. Family Guy

Family Guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anybody else see this last night? Am I the only one that wants to rip that **** Brown's head off?

2. alle v

alle v
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ...Nope. There's a queue ;)

3. Mylo

Mylo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +372
    I saw most of it. Was brown the thug twin or the woosy skateboarder?

4. -Jay-

-Jay-
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    I only saw bits of it to be honest, is Brown that lad that was getting hard saying " 20 years in the army and you could'nt even hold me?" if so then he really did need a smack and i bet you would have wouldn't you army bloke? :thumbsup:

5. GalacticaActual

GalacticaActual

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +199
    Blast!!!!

Wanted to watch this but forgot ot was on. Is it reshown on itv 2 on another day?

6. Family Guy

Family Guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    We're not allowed to hit 'em any more... ;) But back then it was a different matter...TBH, if that ******** had acted like that in todays army, he would have been thrown through the door...he was the desperate twin, who "is nothing without his brother" (his words). If he lasts the month without getting filled in, I'll eat my beret!! The next plan of action by the staff will be to punish everybody for his gobbing off. There's a couple of guys there who look like they they would enjoy getting their hands on him if that happens... :)
    I know the big Jock corporal from old - Joe Murray. Ex paratrooper. If you get hit by him, you stay hit, no matter how convictions you've got for ABH!!

I don't think it is repeated on ITV 2, but there is a programme running concurrant on ITV 2, hosted by Lord Brockett. The next one is on Sunday at 9pm I believe.

7. Mylo

Mylo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +372
    What will happen when the other twin turns up though. I think they will have to elbow the pair of them.

8. drphibes

drphibes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    I look forward to seeing the outcome of this program.
    It is quite clear for all to see that some of this bunch do not have one bit of respect for anyone else but themselves.

Cretins like this Brown fella are the ones who will cave your head in on a Saturday night just for the hell of it.

Full marks to the soldiers who have agreed to take this lot on.

Drphibes

9. -Jay-

-Jay-
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    I feel it will be him getting his head caved in after acting the big man on tv. :D

10. Dfour

Dfour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +85
    I would have paid money to watch the brown **** take his one and only punch at either of the corp's :D:devil: He was just spitting his dummy out to try and make himself look big. They should seperate the brown twins otherwise they will have problems. :(

In the 50's they would have thrown them in solitary and beaten the hell outa them for a few days till they conformed :D

Looks like the program will be fun to watch though :devil:

11. derekrcross

derekrcross
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i must say i did like brown for entertainment value if nothing else, i can feel a private pile moment coming for that poor bloke :thumbsup:
    he will go 2 ways get better and learn or make a dick of him self, good viewing what ever

12. rhoamish

rhoamish

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Finally got round to watching this! Brown, at first, seemed like a nasty piece of work. However, the CO's speech seemed to get to him: he took the relatively tough decision not to walk away from the show. Hopefully, he's turned a corner.

If he has, then it's pretty interesting: it suggests that a completely different approach is needed to deal with trouble-makers like him. I wish him good luck: if he really does learn something from the experience, then, as far as I'm concerned, the show is a success.

I really think we lost something when apologists took harsh discipline away from schools. I never went to a school which had corporal punishment, but it didn't stop us from having a healthy respect (and a tiny bit of fear) for most of the teachers.

13. Mylo

Mylo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +372

In my experience, thugs like him thrive on violence, giving or receiving they don't mind :rolleyes: . You need to get inside their heads to try and make them play along. I suspect he will get a few more private chats before he goes one way or the other.

14. Family Guy

Family Guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think my favourite Brown quote from last week was "If the camera's weren't here I'd rip your head off you dog!!!" :rotfl:
    I've a feeling the feeling's mutual...but it didn't stop Joe Murray laying him into him, did it?
    Another thing that made me laugh was when he was sitting with his section in the evening and was introducing himself..."I did 22 years in the Parachute regiment, I served in Sierra Leone and the Middle East...amongst other places. Anybody got any questions?"
    "Have you ever killed anybody Corporal?" :rotfl:
    "What do you think"? say's Cpl. Murray...really meaning "I have, and I've got my eye on my next victim..." :D

15. Mylo

Mylo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +372
    Yes, the big jock does look a piece of work.

16. overkill

overkill

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,194
    Uh, huh. This show wouldn't have been aired if the "bad boys" weren't tamed, but the "shout and clout" approach doesn't work. A few of my sisters mates served in the Navy & Army and they're still as "bad" as before they went in. Worse in fact, as they're now fully trained hoolies.

Kids need a firm hand, but the sort of violence we recieved at school achieved nothing but resentment. The bullies still bullied (in fact corporal punishment was seen as part of the status gaining process) the teachers still didn't get the results they wanted, and nobody won.

It's in no small part the result of heavy handedness that we've seen teachers disiplinary powers stripped away.

17. BlueOrange25

BlueOrange25

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +198
    I agree. I think corporal punishment is just an easy way out for people to deal with adolescents. It didn't stop bullying, and the fact that it was used at all proved it wasn't that much of a deterrent.

As with all problems, it is the cause that needs to be dealt with as a long term solution. Dealing with the the 'end product' so to speak is barely half the battle. Respect and common sense should be taught at home by the parents and the law should allow parents (within reason) to do so. Social class/money doesn't come into it since respect and common sense don't cost a thing.

Parents who let their kids (aged 11 and up) out with their mates, and take little notice or responsibility of what they get up to, are letting kids believe that they're allowed to do anything they want. Some parents let their kids out because they're too busy to look after them, some do it because they think it's too hard to keep them indoors. For the latter group, if they're not prepared to have kids and deal with the problems of looking after them till they're 18 and beyond, then shouldn't have them in the first place.

The law, arguably, is too permissive. I'm not advocating 'zero tolerance'. I just think that parents today are being forced to exercise an unreasonable level of restraint in dealing with their kids. Physical, mental, and verbal abuse should be avoided of course. But, I think there is a distinction between physical abuse and a smack on the arse. I feel the sitaution is getting to the point where any form of punishment or anything short of treating kids like royalty is seen as an attack on their human rights. Maybe we should teach a bit of common sense to some adults while we're at it.

18. Family Guy

Family Guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have you got kids?

19. Miyazaki

Miyazaki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +849
    He's a bid kid himself Brian ;)
    :laugh:

20. derekrcross

derekrcross
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    bad news i read in the paper brown had left the show :thumbsdow
    how old are most of the boys/men on the show are they 18+
    so far they have had the softly softly approach i think.
    not just spit and polish but beastings will also bring them together :lesson:

21. MarkR

MarkR

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +296
    It just makes me laugh when you see a**holes like brown giving the attitude and the big I am, but when it comes down to it you realise how weak he really is mentally and physically by walking out because he cant handle it anymore.
    Bless him!! :laugh:

22. BlueOrange25

BlueOrange25

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +198
    As you may have already surmised, no, I do not have kids. Just to be clear, I'm not having a go at those who do. As a matter of fact, I think those that are parents need more support from the law in parenting.

I do, however, take exception to those parents who seem unwilling or apathetic to the demands and reponsibilities of parenthood. I may be speaking from an unqualified position, but I've seen how much work being a parent takes. My mum's more than honest with me about the work it's taken to just bring me up on her own.

I can see the amount of work it takes to raise a child and I just think that it's something all potential parents should be aware of before they have kids.

23. Mylo

Mylo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +372
    Heads up chaps. Part 2, Tonight 21:00 ITV

24. Stellavision

Stellavision

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
    Just watched it and Brown is up to his usuals.
    Something tells me that this guy may survive getting filled in by the patient nco's but may not be so fortunate out in the pubs in civvy street!!!

25. xx_natalie_xx

xx_natalie_xx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hia i would jst like to say how fit the brown twins are has any1 got any pictures of them i would b well happy if you did anywayz if uve got msn messenger add me xx_natalie69_xx@hotmail.com or talk on here love ye lots natalie xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx :lease:

26. the_pauley

the_pauley
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +198
    Oh God no!!! Boy bands are bad enough, but pin-up thugs now?

:lease:

27. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,210
    MOD Note
    Hi xx_natalie_xx this is not a phone, please can you proper words in future.

Thank You

28. Family Guy

Family Guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :confused: :confused: - I haven't got a clue what you're on about... :confused: :confused:

29. the_pauley

the_pauley
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +198
    :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

30. mjn

mjn
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned: