Bad experience with DVD Pacific

NicolasB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got burned: if you're considering buying anything from DVD Pacific then make sure you read the small print.

The cost displayed on the screen where you click to submit your order is NOT necessarily the cost you will actually end up paying. Their website does not store what the shipping charge is going to be on a per-item basis. Instead it quotes the shipping charge for a single disc item ($6.98) and the total cost it displays uses that figure. If what you've actually ordered is (say) a Farscape boxed set which contains 11 discs then the shipping charge goes up to $16.88. There is a little footnote explaining that the price might be more than it says it is, but you have to go on to a separate page to find out how much more it might be, and of course you need to know exactly how many discs are in each boxed set.

Also www.dvdpricecheck.co.uk does not take this into account, so it will miscalculate the price and DVD Pacific is likely to come higher up the list than it should do.

I just recieved two copies of The Wicker Man pine box from them - there was no reciept in the package so until my credit card statement arrives I don't know how much I have paid! That is frustrating!

I found this to be true with US retailers which I initially used, it's not the shipping charge per item but per disc.
So if it's a dual-disc set you pay the shipping charge twice.

In any case I prefer DVD Boxoffice as the price of shipping is included in the DVD price - which usually turns out to be cheaper for small quantity orders (say two titles for one order).

that'll explain why the monty python box i just ordered from them has just cost my CC £85 instead of the £70ish dvdpricecheck said it would :( 14 discs in that one. don't like that at all, they won't be getting my custom again.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom