Bad driving and other videos caught on camera

That's the ones that bother to indicate.

In regard to the video Alpha posted with the 59 plate red car exiting the roundabout to the driving (left) lane, that is how you should leave a roundabout into an empty dual carriage way. It only becomes an issue when the person waiting to enter the roundabout (in this case Alpha) prematurely joins the roundabout. In this example Alpha should have waited another second or two. Give way to the right etc.

This was on my wife's journey home from work this afternoon -

One of the boards just took a chip out her front left alloy - you can hear the clunk :eek:

One of the boards just took a chip out her front left alloy - you can hear the clunk :eek:

Unsafe load - if she got the vans details he should be held accountable..

Just a couple of amusing moments on the way - firstly the Alfa Romeo and the BMW just had to get past the learner (the VW Golf kinda hindered them) and it always raises a smile with me when drivers seem to HAVE to get past a learner, and then a bit further up the road, the red Mitsubishi Colt was never gonna stop at the amber (or red light) but had the temerity to give me the middle finger as he jumped through the lights!

Paul.

Aww, were they feeling inadequate? :p

the red Mitsubishi Colt was never gonna stop at the amber (or red light) but had the temerity to give me the middle finger as he jumped through the lights!
If I'm not mistaken, that particular junction has a traffic light camera facing towards the West? In which case karma may hopefully be arriving in the post.........

If I'm not mistaken, that particular junction has a traffic light camera facing towards the West? In which case karma may hopefully be arriving in the post.........

Spot on Woody. It's that grey one m8. Yeah it maybe has got him, but may be not. I was stationary on the cross road so I should be fine....

I take it yourself that way a fair bit then?

Yep, I live locally - I used to live up in your ward (Ingol?) up until a few years ago!

I'm not sure if any of these cameras are actually active - only a fraction of the static speed cameras are but I'm not sure if the same applied to the red-light monitoring cameras. One can only hope that he's got a big fat fine coming his way.

I really should get one. Had some idiots on the road lately but today was a cracker. Coming off the dual carriageway roundabout there is a shortish uphill pull still in dual mode. I easily pass an old Astra driven by a spotty yooff. Boy is he unhappy about being passed by an old far in a GTD. Tail gates me for the next mile or so at 60, the NLA.

Coming into our village the road first goes from 60 to 40 on a fairly long straight. He decides to pass on a section of hatchings for a junction into an industrial estate but a Polo in front brakes for the 40 catching the yooff out. He just misses the backend of the Polo by swinging widely around it into the path of an oncoming car who has to swerve out of his way. By the time I rounded a left hander into the village's 30 he out of sight.

An accident looking for somewhere to happen. Didn't get his number but South Wales Police are encouraging dash cam owners to send in clips of dangerous driving. I might just have been tempted to do so.

@gibbsy

I have 4 dashcams available for sale. They are my review models so going for good prices, none have been used extensively. Let me know if you want one - sample vids are on my YT channel.

Paul.

Lady parked here, and even if she lives there, it's the wrong thing to do. In my rear view mirror, I saw her get out and lift the boot/hatch, so was likely getting something out of the back of the car - shopping perhaps. Or she was visiting and collecting something. Still wrong.

Lady parked here, and even if she lives there, it's the wrong thing to do. In my rear view mirror, I saw her get out and lift the boot/hatch, so was likely getting something out of the back of the car - shopping perhaps. Or she was visiting and collecting something. Still wrong.

that would have cost her 3 points if a copper has gone by and decided to do something about it

Spot on m8. There's no excuse for it.

Lane discipline

I need to set up online video sharing; I followed a good one this morning:
I was going round a roundabout/flyover, 3rd exit for me (2nd exit is bollards/bus route); coming up from the sliproad on my left before the 2nd exit a queue in the left lane correctly giving way to the roundabout, a single car in the right lane didn't slow and entered the roundabout in front of me, but instead of doing the right lane thing and going round the roundabout, cut in front of the queue and took the next exit same as me.
Proceeded at excess speed along the next stretch until held up at lights;
Swapped lanes suddenly and at the last moment without indicating to in front of me;
Pulled up in the cycle refuge at traffic lights - a cyclist overtook it and ran the red, though it was about to change which could have been interesting if the car had moved off just then.

Noticed the blue Merc van brake checking the red Mazda in my rear view mirror, caught on my rear cam as they went head to head, side by side...

Last edited:
Green man = cross. Red man = do not cross.

She waited for the red man!

Last edited:
Excuse the poor quality, I’m not at home at the moment so had to record the video on my phone from a laptop.

I drive along this road numerous times a day, almost every time there is some awful driving to see - sometimes you get something “special” and see multiple incidents seconds apart.

Hate to think what his work is like.

...sometimes you get something “special” and see multiple incidents seconds apart.
That is some kind of special; not seeing a blue-light ambulance or any kind of vehicle that close to a T; then almost attempting a head-on with an HGV at a traffic-calming restriction, I thought he was going through there on the cycle-lane!

Excuse the poor quality, I’m not at home at the moment so had to record the video on my phone from a laptop.

I drive along this road numerous times a day, almost every time there is some awful driving to see - sometimes you get something “special” and see multiple incidents seconds apart.

Number plate is readable send it to the police,he seriously needs having a word with.

I couldn't make it out at all... They'll never find them...

KLM Property Maintenance
0121 243 1750
07713 470 422
WF58 FTC

^^ At the start, he could have wiped out either the van in th left lane or the motorbike with the camera even if no roundabout had been imminent; shockingly bad driving!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom