Bad copy when recorded on Sky+

C

clairebear

Everytime I record something using my Sky+ box in constantly flashes from black & White, to colour and this continues through most of the programme..
Anyone else having this problem is it worth ringing sky up??

Is this when copying off to another device - a VCR or DVD recorder OR just playing back frm the hard disk?

What makes and models of Sky+, TV etc?

H

higgy_diggy

I have the same problem, it happens when the screen is mainly filled with strong colours particularly red, this happens when ever I am watching a recorded programme or live pause. Its good to know that someone else is witnessing the problem, I thought it was the new tele!
Havn't yet contacted Sky.

JayCee

Distinguished Member
Everytime I record something using my Sky+ box in constantly flashes from black & White, to colour and this continues through most of the programme..

When you copy to what...DVDR...VCR?
How is the recording device connected?
What type and model of TV?

H

higgy_diggy

When you copy to what...DVDR...VCR?
How is the recording device connected?
What type and model of TV?

For me it happens when playing back recorded programmes and when using rewind. I can watch the programme without any problems then when I come to pause or watch the same programme recorded later on it flashes b&w with loss of sound, when there is a high amount of colour, say if the background was a solid red, once the colour is gone it continues as normal
The TV is a Samsung but I had someone check and its fine. The Sky+ box is a Thompson

For me it happens when playing back recorded programmes and when using rewind. I can watch the programme without any problems then when I come to pause or watch the same programme recorded later on it flashes b&w with loss of sound, when there is a high amount of colour, say if the background was a solid red, once the colour is gone it continues as normal
The TV is a Samsung but I had someone check and its fine. The Sky+ box is a Thompson

This is almost certainly a known incompatability problem between certain Samsung TVs and Thomson Sky+ boxes. I suggest you ring Samsung to confirm this as not many people within Sky's customer service seem aware of it.

If confirmed by Samsung the only cure is to swap either the Sky+ or the TV for a different make.

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom