bad 'colour' signal on Hitachi component

rudy

Standard Member
I have been playing around with my Humax box today, linked to a Hitachi PD 5200. I tried using the component outputs. One output is in B/W, The other is in colour, but with a green tinge!:(
everything is plugged in correctly..:mad:
Is it crap leads or something else?
Anyone know whats going on????

Piers

Can the Hitachi component input be set to either component (YUV) or RGB? Alternatively, can the Humax be set to output cmponent / RGB. A gugely green picture is a classic symptom of an input expecting RGB actually receiving a component feed (or is it the other way around?).

stainway

Novice Member
The Humax will output component and HDMI signal regardless what you select for the scart output.
Have you tried to change the output picture settings on the Humax-you can select 576p, 720p and 1080i.
I think your plasma is working with [email protected] or [email protected] Hz only, but not with [email protected]:confused:

MAW

Banned
You other possibility is tha lead is actually broken. Connecting the green lead gives a B/W picture, the blue and red are the colour difference channels. If the piccy is really just green tinged, you may find this is actually still b/w, just your plasma is a bit over the top on green. Seen that on numerous hitachis before.

The latest video from AVForums

The Best Movies and TV Shows Coming To Amazon Prime Video in August 2020. Tom's Thumbs.
Top Bottom