1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bad Boys II

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by Harj, Oct 14, 2003.

1. Harj

Harj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +34
    Had the misfortune of seeing this tosh on Sunday night. Not funny , poor script, crap acting, same jokes, p**s poor plot, villians are a joke and ITS also racist, all the badies are Haitian, dutch, russian oh and aparantly Castro funds hid Cuban regime through XTC dealing.

This honestly is the worst film i have seen in a long long time, and its bloody 2 1/2 hours long!

Basically the plot is secondry to loads of overblown action, so much action that it was tedious.

And its not me being grumpy, I've not seen so many ppl walk out during a movie for a long long time.

2. Apocalypse

Apocalypse
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I can only watch a Will Smith film if he's not trying to be funny so I can stomach Enemy Of The State and Ali for instance. As for Lawrence, words can't describe how much his humour physically hurts me it's that bad.

On another note, when will Hollywood stop with these buddy cop movies, it's a stagnant genre now :rolleyes:

3. nathan_silly

nathan_silly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The loud mouthed Will Smith (Eddie Murphy copy) type thing worked for a bit, but now that's all he's got in his acting skills- waving his arms about, opening his wide gob shouting alot. Humorous in Fresh Prince, OK in BB- but then the same for ID4, BB2... not forgetting other black actors (exactly the same)

He just annoys me now.

4. Harj

Harj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +34
    Yes it was tiresome watching those two shouting all the time, samee jokes, would not have minded if it was funny, but just wasn't.

You have to see it how bad it was. ML's sister who is WS's love interest, her part couldhave been cut completely and made no difference to the film (apart from making it shorter :clap: ) and her acting is atrocious, as is most of the casts.

5. betamac

betamac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    LOL i loved it, thought it was 2 Hours + of pure action and its one of my fav films this year

thought the comedy was great too, i have not come across any of my mates yet who did not like it, better than the first film which i also loved.

6. gringottsdirect

gringottsdirect

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    Whilst agreeing with all said above, I like it.
    Absolutely full of stereotypes and old hat re-treading, but it's not so bad.
    Was like watching CSI Miami, Beverley Hills Cop, Armageddon and a few rap videos mixed together.
    The swimming pool joke wasn't funny.
    I expected 90 minutes or so, but saying that, considering I was dragged in by my wife it went quite quickly. :rolleyes:

7. betamac

betamac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    P.S its nice to see a movie not full to bursting with CGI, 2 of my fav movies this year Bad Boys 2 and Terminator 3 had little or no CGI, i was very disapointed with the very obvious CGI in Matrix reloaded even to go as far as saying i did not really enjoy the film

8. Links

Links

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I thought it was brilliant but then I am a Michael Bay whore. Also helped that I saw it with a large group of mates and a cinema full of people who appreciated its humour.

9. Greg Hook

Greg Hook
    Moderator & Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    In a secret location with Jennifer Lawrence
    Ratings:
    +7,493
    Saw this weekend before last and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Bad Boys is one of my fave films and Bad Boys 2 is just as good. Although it could be said the film had nothing new but it is just a no brainer action film.

Are people really expecting a beautiful acted, masterpiece of storytelling, oscar contender film??

Its just a by the numbers action film, with great action scenes and some very funny parts. You can't tell me that the scene in the video shop wasn't funny!

And I was watching this with a big fat kid next to me chomping through popcorn, chocolate and drinks galore for the entire film and still I enjoyed it. Typical half empty cinema and the family from hell have to sit next to us!!

Greg

10. Mr.The.Spoon

Mr.The.Spoon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I enojyed it. It was a typical leave-your-brain-outside and just go with it type movie. Completely OTT. And when they needed somewhere to blow up, as the Middle East is too far away, why not just invade Cuba? Sure it won't create a massive politcal nightmare :D

Anyone else notice the magical wing mirror in Cuba?

11. alle v

alle v
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ...Its as though the disgruntled among you were watching an entirely different film ;)

12. Harj

Harj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +34
    Ok i know it was a leave your brain at home film( I like The Rock), but it was still s**t! Even these type of films have some sort of plot in and some decent script.

The Reasons this film is crap ***SPOLIERS***

1) Smith & Lawerence, same old stuff.

2) Smiths girl, what atrocious acting.

3) The car chase, thats the fastest lorry i've ever seen.

4) The scsne where after the car chase where they are getting a dressing down from the Captain, and he says 'lucky no cops were killed'. And also after all the carnage he tells them to do whatever it takes to get these evil xtc dealers.

5) How this film managed to get xtc from Holland dealt by a Russian, sold to a Cuban and have Castro implemented.

6) The rascist undertones of all bad ppl are white/forigen (the haitians, cubans, russians) and its alright for the cops to shoot them all.

7) And how WIll and Martin shoot everybody but no questions asked.

8) That unfunny woosah thing through out the film.

9) How when the went to Cuba, they happend to find a Cuban underworld figure (whos brothers in the Miami PD) who for the crusade against XTC helps the yanks in a fight against drug barons, with all his cronies.

10) The cringing bit when all his buddies decide to go to Cuba to rescue Martins sister.

11) How they decide to drive and wreck a village in Cuba (a scene ripped from a J Chan movie) because somebody says they help in dealing XTC>

12) The clincher has to be when they drive to Guatanmo Bay (where prisoners have no basic rights and are held without charges or trials, democracy anyone?) to get away and approach the camp without being shot, surely, knowing the Americans track record in 'friendly fire' they would have been shot before they got close :D

13) Oh yeah, when she shouts out where shes going to throw the gun to the baddie (im going to put the gun down, on that mine!)

Theres loads more, but quite simply it was overblown, too long (2hrs 20 mins) and not funny.

13. betamac

betamac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You can pick bad points out of every film if you wanted to, i bet i can pick many points i find crap out of even your most favourite films, the fact is it was a great action flick and i loved it as did many others, but we dont all have to have the same oppionion.

14. lentini

lentini

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +455
    T3 had little or no CGI???? :laugh:

15. betamac

betamac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    lol its funny when the CGI is soo good i cant even tell :laugh:

Why do you think T3 cost so much to make? because they spent the money on real stunts instead of computer generated stunts, of course in a film like T3 they have to use CGI for some visual efects but i sure did not notice it

P.S if you actually read my post correctly i said Bad Boys 2 And T3 are 2 of my best films this year and they use little or no CGI, that means Bad Boys 2 Used no CGI (as far as i am aware anyway) and T3 used Little CGI (As far as i could tell anyway) and thats all that matters to the viewer

16. Harj

Harj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +34
    And the point of this forum is tgo say what you want within limits. This film stole 3 hours of my life! And i've not seen so many ppl walk out as well, i counted about 10 from an audience of about 50 on late 21:00 showing on SUnday.

Im sorry but to say this film is great, well i'd hate to see your worst.

17. alle v

alle v
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ...The most laughs at the flicks for ages :D

I can't see how anyone would willingly go along to watch the film and then walk out :confused: Its not as if the theme/storyline etc was gonna be a secret or differ from the previous film.

There were never going to be any surprises or twists so what were these 'leavers' expecting?

18. betamac

betamac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I know dont it just make you laugh, you know what your going to get with Bad boys before you even watch it, No real plot, no real storyline, just an action flick with some laughs, but still these people go and watch it and then moan about it lol

Everyone i have spoke to have all enjoyed it, and i have to say people who walk out of the cinema are very sad, if your stupid enough to spend money on a film you know theres a chance you may not like then theres no saving you, if you have seen the first bad boys and read any reviews or comments on the film then you know what your gona get.

As for one of my worst movies well Matrix Reloaded, after the first matrix you expect a decent storyline but its as if they just made it up as they whent along and add to that some awful CGI and you got a disapointing movie in my oppionion.

19. Harj

Harj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +34
    i do know what you expect in these sort of films, i just did not expect it to be done so BAD!

20. alle v

alle v
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ...It wasn't though...thats the point ;)

21. Harj

Harj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +34
    It was compared to BB1, which was resonably enjoyable, give me 48hrs any day. This film was crap, simple as that.

22. betamac

betamac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    In your oppinion maybe but i and many others sure as hell did not think that, i have the DVD on order to add to my Bad Boys 1 DVD :)

23. Links

Links

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Not really "simple as that" when so many people disagree. In fact its been a while since I can remember a film that has so split the public in half, practically every forum thread I've seen about it has been about 50/50.

24. Adderson

Adderson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I got hammered whilst watching it & still thought it was crap.
    Next I watched SWAT, very poor.
    what's becoming of the action movies? at 30 am I getting to old to believe a foul mouthed cop can shoot a 9mm pistol 500M and still take down a bad guy?
    And while were on the subject why does no one in Bad boys 2 use the sight of his gun? they come with the weapon you know you don't have to pay extra & it might save you 300 bullets per bad guy!!!

I must be getting old!

25. alle v

alle v
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ...I also enjoyed S.W.A.T. aswell ;)

26. mjn

mjn
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,477
    SWAT was naff!

27. alle v

alle v
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ...Maybe you should watch a different type of film.

28. danny-p

danny-p

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I thought the movie was not in the same sport never mind the same league as bad boys one but it wasnt the worst movie i,ve watched in my life

29. Semiskimmed1976

Semiskimmed1976

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    I saw both BB2 and S.W.A.T - I enjoyed BB2 but absolutely hated S.W.A.T. and I enjoy these kind of films. I don't base a film purely because its a genre I like, but because whether I enjoyed it...and for me S.W.A.T. was the worst film i've seen ever IMO. :)

30. FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I lurveeeeeeeeed Bad Boys 2 :)

Better than the first one although Tea Leoni and her mini skirt almost made the first one great.