Bad Bluray quality

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by slade2000, Jan 12, 2012.

1. slade2000

slade2000
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I would like some more information with a problem i have.

I bought my self a samsung full hd lcd and a samsung full hd bluray player. I went out to the video store and rented a bluray movie to watch a nice hidef movie. all to my disappointment there were no difference between that and my movies i watch that i downloaded that is only about 1gb in size or better than my normal DVD movies i have. So yesterday took the movie back and went to my music store where i can buy a movie thinking that the one in the video store is bad content. i went trough many of them and decided on "Faster" the on the back stipulated "High Definition Wide Screen 16x9 2.4:1". went home popped it in and still the same. I went trough all my settings and all was good.

I have seen previous full hd content and mine is not close. mine have and see it most in the background a snowy like effect. i have a 32" and sit about 2.8 meters from the screen and can see this quite easily.

What can this be?

Tnx allot.

2. xit2050

xit2050

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +509
    1. How is the blu-ray player connected to the television?
    2. Are you sure you have your television set up correctly? What's the model?

3. slade2000

slade2000
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    1. With HDMI cable
    2. I hope it is. It is the Samsung LA32D550K7R

4. Avi

Avi
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,063
    There's a relationship between image size, viewing distance and the resolution we can resolve. The smaller the image viewed further away will result in a reduction in the benefit of increased resolution i.e. the difference between high res and low res version of the same material won't look noticeably different due to resolution alone.

The link below provides a rough guide. Bear in mind there are other differences beyond resolution that may cause a noticeable difference i.e. compression, bit rate, source type etc.

Chart: 1080P Does Matter - CarltonBale.com

This may be related to incorrect display chain calibration/setup or some type of enhancement processing being applied by the display. Incorrect black/white or gamma correction can exaggerate certain image elements as can certain enhancement processing.

Avi

Last edited: Jan 12, 2012