Bad amp white noise / distortion sound at all times

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by robbbbbbbbb, Feb 12, 2017.

1. robbbbbbbbb

robbbbbbbbb
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys,

Im running a Denon PMA 510
    https://www.denon.co.uk/uk/product/hifi/amplifier/pma510ae

& i've got a really bad white noise / distortion sound coming from it, regardless of which input is being used and whether its via speakers or headphones, the issue is the same. Its there as soon as the amp is turned on & doesn't go away.

The left channel is far worse than right.

So far ive taken the cover off and given everything a blast of compressed air but tbh there wasnt much dust in there & it didnt make a jot of difference.

I've recorded the sound whilst adjusting the volume, you can hear it get louder Vocaroo | Voice message

Basically I'd like to know if this is fixable or should I just bite the bullet for a new amp?

P.S. im currently using Mission E72 speakers (but as I say, issue is same on headphones anyway)

2. Phillipsba47

Phillipsba47
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Robbb,
    I have exactly the same problem as you. Did you receive any useful feedback, by any chance?
    Cheers, Barry Phillips