Bad 3D on Voyage of the dawn treader on X3

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by marty1, Dec 27, 2011.

1. marty1

marty1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +100
    Anyone watched this film on an X3?

The reason why I asked is that 3 of us watched it and had to switch to 2d halfway through, we all got headaches, found the images to be quite blurry and poor quality. There was also a lot of ghosting on the bright scenes.

I checked out the reviews for it and nobody seems to have had these criticisms about it, all saying that 3D was really good :confused:

It's made me wonder if it's a problem with the pj or the jvc glasses and not the disc.

Maybe I've set something up incorrectly but I doubt it, Avatar and Christmas Carol looked great, still a little bit of a headache but not too bad.

Has anyone else experienced this at all?

Thanks in advance

Martin

2. SteveCritten

SteveCritten
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,067
    Sounds like it is out of sync to me? Is there a sync function on the player or the PJ?

3. marty1

marty1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +100
    No not as far as I am aware, the 3d was working so I wouldn't have thought it was a sync issue, the image just wasn't sharp. The thing is avatar is working fine and holds a nice crisp image in 3d but narnia looked poor, maybe it's not well made in the 3D conversion but I would have thought someone would have mentioned it in the reviews somewhere but they all claim it to be impressive?

4. chrislaw1968

chrislaw1968

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    i have collected quite a few 3d films in the last month , i have come to the conclusion its film specific , avatar is a very good 3d film while at the other end of the scale my bloody valentine is virtually unwatchable to me.

chris

5. SteveCritten

SteveCritten
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,067
    I am very surprised by that Chris as My Bloody Valentine was the first film that used the new 3D cameras the same as were used on Avatar (most 3D films are converted to 3D afterwards such as the rubbish 3D on Clash of The Titans) and I saw MBV at the cinema and despite the film being rubbish the 3D was excellent.:D

6. chrislaw1968

chrislaw1968

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Dont get me wrong there are loads of things coming out of the screen at you , but there is a lot of crosstalk/ghosting to the point you are trying to squint to watch it .

7. SteveCritten

SteveCritten
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,067
    And you say there is no crosstalk with Avatar? What source are you using and what are you watching it on just out of interest? It would be interesting to know if other people have seen the same?

8. marty1

marty1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +100
    This is exactly what I found with Dawn Treader, I just doubted my setup when I saw that every review I read said the 3D was great :confused:

The same as some people say stuff comes right out at you, my idea of coming right out at you means it should be in focus and It should be an inch or 2 from my eye. Nothing has gone any further than a quarter of the way into the room and my screen is huge so how people who have watched 3D on a tv and claim that stuff comes up to them I will never know :rolleyes:

9. chrislaw1968

chrislaw1968

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    If you look hard enough you will find faults in all the films , just some more than others , avatar you have to look harder for it . But thats just my opinion .