BackUp to PC

swifty2606

Novice Member
Is there any way to back up, contacts, pictures and music etc etc onto my pc without using TimeCapsule.
I have had to restore my phone once and it was a nightmare reinstalling everything and re-doing my contacts!
I have done a search on the forum but couldnt seem to find a detailed description!

Thanks all

Hades

Distinguished Member

hutch

Distinguished Member
Is there any way to back up, contacts, pictures and music etc etc onto my pc without using TimeCapsule.
I have had to restore my phone once and it was a nightmare reinstalling everything and re-doing my contacts!
I have done a search on the forum but couldnt seem to find a detailed description!

Thanks all
All the things you have mentioned are not affected by using restore. Contacts are backed up as part of the itunes backup and will be back when you restore the backup image. Photos, Music and Videos will be restored when you resync.

The only things which arent backed up through itunes are anything which Apple havent sanctioned - Installer Apps, etc.

addyb

Distinguished Member
Not tried myself, do it your own risk.

http://iphonefreakz.com/2008/05/16/ibackup-the-tutorial/

Also I have my contacts sync'd with iTunes and when I do a restore, I get everything back... never have to set my contacts up again.
Ive used that app and its been perfect for me!

Yesterday however i installed the software from here and that also has a backup option in there.

Pc Suite - Newest version is the best app ive used yet for the iphone!

http://iphonefreakz.com/2008/04/30/iphone-pc-suite-monster-review-pt1/

swifty2606

Novice Member
All the things you have mentioned are not affected by using restore. Contacts are backed up as part of the itunes backup and will be back when you restore the backup image. Photos, Music and Videos will be restored when you resync.

The only things which arent backed up through itunes are anything which Apple havent sanctioned - Installer Apps, etc.
Thanks, im not too worried about having to re-install all the apps, it was mainly contacts so as itunes does this i wont bother installing more junk on my pc!
I assume its easy enough to re-install the backup on itunes?

Thanks to all for your offers!

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom