• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Backup individual apps?

Degeneratemoo

Standard Member
Is there any way to backup only specifically chosen apps to a PC? I've got loads of free apps from the itunes store that, whilst I don't want to delete them, I'm not bothered about backing them up as I didn't pay for them. I've got a handful of games that I have purchased and I'd rather just back them up than wait ages for loads of demos etc to be backed up...

Is it possible?

Al Koholic

If you have syncd to your PC they will be in the directory path folder :- Music>>iTunes>>iTunes Media>>Mobile Applications.
You can just copy the ones you want out of that folder to a backup folder.

Degeneratemoo

Standard Member
Ok, but if I do a complete backup, then delete the ones I don't require on the PC, will it not just rebackup every app again when I next buy an individual app that I'd like to backup?

Al Koholic

All apps purchased on iTunes on your PC will be in the Mobile Applications folder & any apps bought on your iPad/iPhone & still on there at the time of a sync will be copied to that folder aswell.

If you delete them from the PC folder & then sync a device that still has them on then yes they will be recopied to the PC folder.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom