Backup Family video from Samsung DVD-SH893M

farhan123

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi
I have the Samsung DVD-SH893M , which has the build in HD , have all my family videos in the hard-drive. The problem is the player DVD burner is broken and no way I can get the backup.
But luckily I can play through HD and see on TV.
Initially I was thinking to buy the new TV which has recording option but my local Curry's store its not possible as TV record only records the Live broadcast.

Some one gave me the advise to get the Elgato Video capture card , which allows me while playing through DVD -HD , I should be able to record/backup into my PC or laptop.

Can someone please advise me if I'm going to the right direction or . If Yes, which Elgato should I buy the one I look on eBays have two to types of card (shown in the link below) which one do you think good for my purpose?
Thanks for your help!

Elgato Video Capture with (analogue to VHS) red, yellow and white cables

OR
Elgato Game Capture HD

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
The Game Play Capture HD will give you better quality, but you might find that even with personal videos you have recorded, the copy protection will stop the capture card from working. It's difficult to tell without trying it! There are ways around this, but we are not allowed to discuss HDMI splitters that bypass the copy protection or why it is OK that Amazon sell them...

The Game Play Capture HD will give you better quality, but you might find that even with personal videos you have recorded, the copy protection will stop the capture card from working. It's difficult to tell without trying it! There are ways around this, but we are not allowed to discuss HDMI splitters that bypass the copy protection or why it is OK that Amazon sell them...
Thanks , appreciate your quick response

There is also a component video output which is analogue output, you could try.

As a last resort option is you could remove the HDD from the Samsung, put it into a USB dock and connect it to a PC running a Linux OS (e.g Linux Mint or ubuntu).

That might allow you to read the HDD directly

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom