1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backup Cable for Pioneer ???

Discussion in 'Portable Disc & Media Players & Recorders' started by El_Pablo, May 17, 2005.

1. El_Pablo

El_Pablo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys, I'm new to ICE and modding my car out, but I've hit the ground running :D I've just bought a pug 206 1.9 diesel (yer, ano, sluggish, but hey when ya get whacked with insurance, what can ya do as a student !!), av had remote central locking installed, 17" wolfrace alloys added, All the headlight mods done, bodykit and respray in the works, but Im only left with one problem

I've installed a pioneer DEH-P9600MP cd/mp3 player, wired everything up, installed the amp and sub fine, and everything is working apart from the memory and stalk connector. I've got a coneector on order from bassbin.com, but Im stuck with the backup (memory) cable. I've tried feeding a live wire through from the fuse box live terminal in the hood,( and yes, I went through the rubber grommet, not just drilling through the metal :p), but when I connect it up, as well as keeping the memory on the stereo, it causes a battery warning light on the dash console. I've tried hooking it up directly to the battery for comparison, and it does the same thing. Where should I be connecting the wire ?? Neither the car manual or the Pioneer cabling instructions are too clear, and I'm sure its an easy job !!

Help Anyone !!!

El_Pablo

2. btiffin

btiffin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Do you mean the red and yellow cables that connect to the din (which plugs into the back of the HU) ???

3. El_Pablo

El_Pablo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    There's a yellow cable that comes out the back of the hu, which is labelled as "battery", and this also splits off to a bullet connector for "backup". It is noted on the wiring guide to attach this to a terminal that is always on, regardless of ignition position. However, when I do that, it gives me the warning :( and yes, its part of the din into the hu, but the cable splits in two (one to the main power governed by the ignition I presume, and one to a backup power source for keeping the settings)

4. btiffin

btiffin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you swop the two over. i.e if yellow is connected to yellow then connect it to red and visa versa. This will sort the memory problem out. Had the same on an old Alpine unit i had. :thumbsup:

5. El_Pablo

El_Pablo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    you mean take the red and yellow pins out of the iso connector and swap them around ?

6. El_Pablo

El_Pablo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    bump !

7. btiffin

btiffin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    the red and the yellow leads should have bullet connectors on them. swap them around.

8. El_Pablo

El_Pablo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    sweet as a nut :D Instead of pulling out the pins from the iso (which is what I thought you meant) there are 2 bullet connectors (one on each wire) that you can unplug and swap them around. doing this works a treat. thanks for your help mate :D :clap:

9. btiffin

btiffin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No Problem Buddy! Enjoy! :thumbsup:

10. El_Pablo

El_Pablo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    aaaarrrg !!!

When I went out to the car last night, the battery was dead :( av had to disconnect the wires again. HELP !!!

11. El_Pablo

El_Pablo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    bump !!