Backtrack/Catchfire (Dennis Hopper, Jodie Foster, France Blu-ray July 2021)

IGC

backtrack.png

UPC: 3333299315393

...Charlie Sheen and errrr... Vincent price. It has a pretty amazing cast.

[translated]
SUPPLEMENTS

ART IN “BACKTRACK”
(17 mn - HD)
Combining period interviews with Dennis Hopper and unpublished testimonies from his loyal collaborators and friends, this documentary directed by Nick Ebeling looks back on this atypical work in the director's career, deeply marked by his passion for art.

BEHIND THE SCENES OF “BACKTRACK” (7 min) Backtrack
in pictures on the set of Backtrack during the shooting of certain scenes of the film.

HOPPER ART COLLECTOR (8 mins)
Dennis Hopper unveils his impressive collection of art, combining personal creations and works by famous contemporary artists such as Jean-Michel Basquiat and Keith Haring.

ORIGINAL TRAILER

BD 50 • HIGH DEFINITION MASTER • 1080 / 23.98p • AVC ENCODING
Original Version / French Version DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0 • French Subtitles
1.85 format respected • Colors • Length of Films: 99 min / 116 min

I mind clearly the VHS release (below) of this it had a label stuck on it saying "DIRECTED BY DENNIS HOPPER" (and pretty sure it mentioned Easy Rider in the promo blurb) because the printed cover says "Alan Smithee" after Vestron took the film off Hopper and cut it. Hopper went to the DGA and forced Vestron to remove his name. I've seen a bit of Catchfire and it was totally unwatchable but I've not seen Hopper's cut Backtrack so I'm going to give it a look 30 years later. It's great seeing LionsGate dig out this stuff from skips as it would languish on horrible $1 DVDs.

Reading Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catchfire it would have been nice to hear from Foster -bit unlikely though :D

UK VHS:
Catchfire (UK VHS).PNG

catchfire12.jpg

The latest video from AVForums

Oculus Quest 2 VR headset + Rotel A14 MkII Amp Reviews & Best of the Month
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom