Backlit digital clock for child's room

KyleS1

Distinguished Member
Hi all,
My daughter currently has a gro clock which she no longer needs so it's being handed down to her younger sister. I'd like to replace it with a digital clock that either has lit numbers or has a permanent backlight at night so she can see what time is without getting out of bed. The clock can't be sat next to her bed due to room layout, so the light needs to be on all the time, but at the same time not too bright!
Anyone with kids had the same problem and found a good solution?

KyleS1

Distinguished Member
Thanks. Similar sort of thing without the temperature light.

GarethP

We have a projector clock that projects the time onto the ceiling or wall. Ours was about £5 from ALDI. Is radio controlled and has twin alarms.

This

Projection Alarm Clock

No longer available but I'm sure there's others out there

simonlewis

KyleS1

Distinguished Member
Do they project permanently?

simonlewis

KyleS1

Distinguished Member
That's cool.
My wife ordered a backlit digital just now but I might pop an order in for a projector to see how it fairs.

IronGiant

This is what one that works looks like :)

DSCF1613.JPG

The numbers are approx 30cm across and 15cm high. Note you can barely see them in a well lit room, they are intended for night time use, but even if your daughter has a night light they would show up clearly.

imightbewrong

Distinguished Member

KyleS1

Distinguished Member
This is what one that works looks like :)

View attachment 874740

The numbers are approx 30cm across and 15cm high. Note you can barely see them in a well lit room, they are intended for night time use, but even if your daughter has a night light they would show up clearly.
She doesn't have a night light.
Each number is 30cm? How bright does it make the room or does it not effect the room at all?
She hates light in her room. We had a t-shirt over 3/4 of her gro clock as even in the lowest setting it was too bright.

IronGiant

She doesn't have a night light.
Each number is 30cm? How bright does it make the room or does it not effect the room at all?
She hates light in her room. We had a t-shirt over 3/4 of her gro clock as even in the lowest setting it was too bright.
Sorry, all 4 numbers + hyphen together are 30cm across and each number is 15cm high, very approximately the size of a sheet of A4. They don't light the room at all.

Oh, should add that the screen on the clock is not backlit so no worries about that being too bright.

KyleS1

Distinguished Member
The one my wife ordered seems to be ok so far. Will see how it goes. It's also pink which went down particularly well with my daughter.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom