Backlight problems

Dippy

Standard Member
As I have posted in other threads, I just bought a Samsung edge LED backlit TV (60 inch ES6300) and it has 'horrible' backlight problems. I don't know if it is bleed, torchlight or clouding, but when I watch a movie at night with the room lights low, the dark scenes (which a lot of movies have don't they) are 'destroyed' by clearly visible light grey glowing in all 4 corners.

Now I have started the replacement process with the supplier, but of course I have already read as many posts on here about this issue too. So the purpose of this thread is to help me set my expectations: I don't feel like going through several replacements. If the next LCD is not a lot better then I shall request a replacement plasma instead. But I need to know what is a realistic expectation for 'a lot better'.

So I would like to hear everyone's experience of these issues. Is it actually possible to have a Samsung edge LED TV which can show a dark movie in a dark room without any visible intereference of the backlighting?

arenaman

As I have posted in other threads, I just bought a Samsung edge LED backlit TV (60 inch ES6300) and it has 'horrible' backlight problems. I don't know if it is bleed, torchlight or clouding, but when I watch a movie at night with the room lights low, the dark scenes (which a lot of movies have don't they) are 'destroyed' by clearly visible light grey glowing in all 4 corners.

Now I have started the replacement process with the supplier, but of course I have already read as many posts on here about this issue too. So the purpose of this thread is to help me set my expectations: I don't feel like going through several replacements. If the next LCD is not a lot better then I shall request a replacement plasma instead. But I need to know what is a realistic expectation for 'a lot better'.

So I would like to hear everyone's experience of these issues. Is it actually possible to have a Samsung edge LED TV which can show a dark movie in a dark room without any visible intereference of the backlighting?

Post a pic with backlight 10, contrast 90, brightness 45 and black tone off then we can see and comment on it.

The latest video from AVForums

Maverick UK Premiere IMAX Review + Top Gun, Tom Cruise, Tony Scott and 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom